Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Tourist Tax
5 Posts
Possibly of greater import to individual tourists, rather than hoteliers, is the report in today's Dnevnik that 105 local tour operators have been stripped of their licences for failing to renew their mandatory liability insurance or having failed to notify the Economy Ministry that they have done so.
Hi Baldur.

in reading the article you mentioned it makes me wonder if a car hire company lists itself as for instance Ts travel do they fall into this group. ? :whoops :whoops :whoops
Hi Mondeo,

That thought struck me as well - also the type of local operators which usually significantly undercut the large tour operators' organised trips, e.g. to Istanbul/Romania/Jeep Safari, etc., etc.

Basically, I have no idea what constitutes a 'tour operator' in the bureaucratic terminology of the Bulgarian Economy Ministry, which is why I qualified my comment with 'possibly'.

Baldur
Hi,
Interesting thoughts from you both, the small operaters certainly under cut the bigger boys, but for how much longer. With the Euro taking more effect in 2015 ( maybe ) it can only get worse.

Roger. :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.