Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Bob .. as your starting point is Faro, have you checked out the Airport Transfers thread in our Algarve forum ?

David :wave
I have thanks David, It's our first time thinking about DIY as we usually book with Eclipse to Tenerife and fancied a change.
One other question.....Do you have to pay a fee when crossing the border from Portugal to Spain?

Thanks.
Bob
You don't have to pay to cross the border.

Faro airport is a good hour away from Isla Canela - so a taxi will be fairly expensive.

Isla Canela is a little cut off and there is not a lot there apart from a beautiful beach. If you are planning on getting out then you really will need to hire a car. This would probably work out cheaper than a taxi to/from the airport in any case.

Pippa
I agree, i took my family to IC last year and it is a great place but you will need car hire. We flew into seville and then rented a car from crown car hire and we managed to see so much of the area including going over to portgal several times. Hope you have a great time. 8)
Bob - checkout economycarhire.co.uk, they use a number of agents in Faro airport, I personally have used Travelrent through them on numerous occasions, their cars are of good standard, excellent condition, and very new pick up/drop off with full tanks, fully insured, covers additional drivers, no fee to take car over border to Spain, can't recommend them highly enough. It normally takes me 45-60 minutes from Faro to Ayamonte/Isla Canela and it's a very straightforward drive. Regards, Scoya.
Thanks guys. I'll probably look into getting a hire car then.
bob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.