General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Try The Post Office. Egypt is classed as Europe and if you pay an extra £16 when you book on line there is no excess to pay for medical bills etc.
Can anyone recommend a company that gives a good annual polcy for 2 adults.
We regularly go abroad 3 times a year and although the cover is good we can only go away for a month at a time unless you pay extra.
We now want one of the trips to last 2 months at winter time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pat
:glynis
PAT have you looked at the insurers recomended by members on page 1 of this thread

wizard
HI I GOT MINE FROM THE INTERNET AS I ALWAYS DO.
TRAVELSUPERMARKET £16.30 FOR 2 ADULTS

*Edit please do not post in caps Briar
wow how cheap withey i'll look into that
Endsleigh are pretty good £13.53 each
Thanks, Wizard.........had a look at some of the companies and I reckon Columbus might be a good bet.
They will allow you to be away on your trip for up to 60 days, which suits us fine!!!!!
Pat
Pat,
direct-travel.co.uk is underwritten by AXA and their Premier Plus policy gives cover for up to 62 days per trip.
Thanks, Sagres, tried it but it is double the price of Columbus :shrug
So will probably go for it tomorrow as we are due for renewal 1st Sept
Pat
i use travelcoverdirect annual European 60 days per trip (no skiing) for a couple 55/65 is about £109 is Columbus much cheaper? ready for when i renew

wizard
Got quote for me and hubby annual super multi trip worldwide ( up to 60 days travel) from Columbus @ £78.73!!!! (both under 60)
Sounds good to me!!!
What do you think???????
Pat
thats good i will find their web site and bookmark it ready for i have to renew
Go Travel Insurance were good too. Just over £30 for two adults and one child (child was free) for two weeks in Europe.
Reading through the posts and i'm still confuddled!

I need to take out a annual worldwide policy for a couple.

BUT I have arthritis and on quite a few meds, though not immobile.

Anyone in a similar situation and can recommend anyone? Seen the list on the first page but is there anyone specific I should start with?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks
Jaime C :wave
I would start with the ones that are listed as being good for people with pre-existing medical conditions, which I think are Columbus, Citibond, etc.

luci :wave
Just gone ahead and taken out annual insurance with Columbus.
It looks a pretty good deal to me.
Pat
I think that the proof of how good a company is, is how they handle claims. I've had annual insurance from the Nationwide for the past few years, but have fortunately never needed to claim. I tend to stick with them as I find all other aspects of the Nationwide to be reliable, even though we could get a cheaper quote elsewhere.

Has anyone ever claimed from Columbus Direct or Direct Insurance as I would be interested in your experiences?

luci :wave
Luci,
That was in my thoughts too but as Wizard said, Columbus has been recommended by HT users, so I thought that someone must have claimed from them before and were happy with it.......sure hope so, just in case..... :yikes
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.