Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Travel one
6 Posts
There are no supplements with a couple of companies but the prices are still quite high as you get a double room for single occupancy, just as you would do if you were to DIY. However, there's no hidden charge as it is with supplements and a huge bonus is there are others there who are travelling alone and evening meals are eaten together, which is one of the main things that puts people off travelling alone.

I'm going away with TravelOne this year, never been with them before. I have been with Friendship Travel and they are really good, no hassle to be part of a group, no organised this, that and the other and nothing like a 'dating' holiday. TravelOne I believe are very similar. The only reason I'm going with them is that I wanted a two centre with gulet cruise and they have a destination for my first week that I haven't visited before, at the dates to suit me. I have met people before who've done a gulet cruise with TravelOne, they were on a gulet which moored up near to ours most nights on my first trip with FT and it was exactly the same set up.

I would give it a go, unless you are very solitary and don't wish to have company for dinner etc. (otherwise if it's like FT you can be alone if you wish and have company if you wish, up to you).
It's a long time since the previous posts re Travel One but I'm so wound up with the way they have been treating their customers that I thought people have a right to know.

I've travelled a number of times with Travel One and have had enjoyable holidays but I (and a number of their other guests) are increasingly encountering problems with them. On more than one occasion they have changed my flight times at short notice, other guests have told me that they have also had this experience but always after they have received their holiday confirmation and paid for the holiday. On a recent holiday I had to pay a large amount to change my connecting flight to Gatwick. Travel One state that you should not book any connecting travel before receiving your holiday confirmation. I had received my confirmation and had paid for my holiday so I could not cancel my holiday or change it without losing a lot of money. Either way I lost out financially. From what other guests have told me this seems to be a common occurence.

My most recent holiday was at Calis Beach and I expected that the rep there would look after her guests. Unfortunately for us the tattooed lady who represented Travel One did not bother with a welcome meeting (or indeed make us feel welcome) or give us any information about the resort, apparently she was too busy pursuing her own social life. She did however enlighten us about the trips we could book, for which she no doubt received commission. Travel One have a number of very efficient and friendly reps (in Tunisia for instance) but this was not one of them.

I have heard many complaints recently from other Travel One guests, they range from last minute changes to flights and holiday itineraries, to guests arriving on a gulet cruise that is supposed to be for lone travellers to find that they are sharing the boat with married couples. Travel One don't seem to be bothered about how disruptive these things are to people and how worrying they can be for people who are travelling on their own. Travel One really need to up their game if they want to retain their customers or attract new ones.
On reading the previous post dated 24/9/2011, I too have endured problems regarding Travel One. I have enjoyed several holidays with the company in the past, but my last vacation with them was totally unsatisfactory. I booked and paid in full for a two centre holiday to Turkey this year and received confirmation of my chosen resorts and flight times (stated in the brochure and on their web page) This was a holiday of convalescense and I had specifically chosen this particular holiday to coincide with other Travel One friends arriving at Dalaman airport, who could help with my personal needs. Travel One were aware that four of us were going as a group. Three weeks before we were due to go, Travel One changed our resorts which wasn`t what we wanted, but at least we would all be together. The most worrying thing was that they had also changed my confirmed airline and flight times which was most unsuitable. This meant that I would arrive at Dalaman 5hrs 30mins later than expected and depart 5hrs earlier than expected, thus having a much shorter holiday than planned, and no help on my onward journey. After expressing my personal concerns regarding these changes, Travel One refused to help in any satisfactory manner. Even though there were still seats on my confirmed flight, they refused to reinstate my confirmed booking. I was unable to cancel my holiday as I would lose the full amount, so at great cost I had to pay again for the flight that I was first booked on. Travel One refused to refund me anything, stating that due to their terms and conditions, they can make any changes to their holiday bookings whether it be the flight or resort. The changed flight was a low budget airline and obviously to cut their costs, but not always agreeable to the customer. During this holiday to Turkey, I spoke to many disgruntled Travel One guests complaining about similar issues on this and previous holidays.
On a positive note, I have met many single travellers over the years and enjoyed other holidays with them. If you choose to use this holiday company, please read the small print and be aware of their terms and conditions at all times.
I have been wth travel One five times (10 weeks) and cannot say that I have had any issue with them.
with the exception of supporting one of their customers (who had reported an incident on "trip Advisor" ) where he was staying at a hotel where the lease was about to expire, so the then current Hotel management just let things go. I did feel that Travel One could have done more.. they made no public comment about the complaint..I will be returning with them this year but if the same incidents that have been reported above, happened..I would be seeking another singles holiday operator..Though they all seem to have some customer relations problems, according to some of their customer reports!!
I am the kind of person that only comments if i have a bad time which i guess is wrong. I have travelled with Travel One 4 times over the last 5 years including Dalyan (twice), Mijas, Tunisia. I have always found the staff in the office very helpful and knowledgeable. The most important thing to me is price and I have looked around and Travel One are always about £150/£200 cheaper than other similar companies. I have had one flight change but it is due to the airline not Travel one who have bought seats on a plane. The groups I have been with have been fun and I have kept in touch with some of them and I am thinking of going to their annual party in Tunisia. I wish other people bothered to write good things rather than bad all the time about anything.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.