Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
TR are only an agent, and the alternatives they offer are give to them by their suppliers, who also will be the ones that have changed the groups hotels/resort.
When things happen very close to departure, people will often be allocated to hotels just to ensure they have some accommodation, should they want it. If this isn't done the alternative could be no accommodation available.
Perhaps TR are struggling to get their suppliers to offer alternatives?
perhaps the answer is not to book with t.r till THEY sort out the hotels easy done they dont book with the bad hotels .
It looks to me that you have booked what is known as a "Dynamic Package" whereby each part of the is booked with different suppliers. There is an explanation of how it works here.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/understanding-your-holiday-booking-t158718.html

The hotel has gone bust so the flight/transfer is in place but no accommodation. The have tried to find you an alternative but you are not happy with what they are offering. It may be that the availability is limited but the alternative is costly as far as you are concerned. If you refuse to accept what they are offering then you will be refunded the hotel cost but the flights are booked and paid for. You entered into several contracts when you booked the holiday and as explained in the link I have posted whilst one part has failed then the others are still in place. You agreed this when you made the booking.
TR are in the position that the agency responsible for the accommodation are trying to find you somewhere and there is the tooing anf froing between them and TR when you reject what they offer and communicating them with you. Each time you say no TR then have to go back and ask them to try again.

Not a happy situation I agree but one of the problems when you have a dynamic package when things go wrong.

fwh
You have booked a dynamic package so aren't covered by the package holiday regulations.

Your flights are booked and will remain so.

If the hotel has gone bust it's gone bust nothing TR, their hotel bookers or you can do about it.

Have TR offered to refund you your hotel costs?

If so just book your own hotel to make sure you get what you want, there are loads of hotels out there that you can either book direct or book via a bed bank yourselves.
Could the original poster please advise which hotel has gone bust.
I know of 2 lately that were in fact sister hotels, one closed last week and the other had its contract cancelled and has now ceased trading.
The 2 hotels that i am aware of are in Marmaris and probably 2 of the cheapest hotels going, availability is also really really tight so if there is a big group of you the operator may be having trouble getting everyone together.
I may be barking up the wrong tree here but if it is what i am thinking then you also need to put it in perspective.
How much did you pay for the accommodation only, how long for and on what board basis and how many people.

If you can come back with this info it would help
Hi
Thank you for all of your advice - much appreciated

The hotel we booked is My Meric in Turunc - somewhere we was so looking forward to visiting

We have now accepted TR,s alternative hotel in Icmelor as time is running out and we can argue with them no more
The shame of this is that as a group we have all been allocated not just different hotels but different resorts - rather makes a mockery of a group holiday !!!!

Please just be warned that TR,s customer service is at best non existent - a very worrying time for all involved and yet they have never returned a promised phone call - we have constantly chased them - they are uninterested, unsympathetic and unprofessional. You are told that this person is dealing with you and then it's someone else and the next day some else - you get the picture

Travel Republic - yes things happen that can't be controlled but how you deal with your customers afterwards can be - shame on your company !!!!
Why dont you contact Icmeler.Online and see if they have any accommodation they can offer you in Turunc?
At least you will all be in the same resort.
One question. Did you book as a group or individually?

fwh
Thanks for coming back to us.
Whilst this is no comfort to you, to be honest i am not surprised it has gone, we use to sell it quite a lot but stopped due to the very poor all inclusive. Its a shame that such a beautiful resort like turunc can have such sub standard accommodation facilities ... in perspective though .... that and the ozcan hotel are exceedingly cheap if you went for an AI basis.

The next AI in turunc i believe is the turunc hotel which is a lot more expensive so i am guessing these are the reasons why you have been moved to Icmeler where there is better availability.
The thing that really stands out for me , Is that Paulajay has come on here , not ranted etc and has expressed her upset and displeasure at " the terrible customer service" and that is exactly what she has got ... End , full stop , no ifs and buts .
It's all very well saying " TR are just an agent " yes they are so act like an agent and act proactively to sort out customers problems , we've been round the block many times with people's problems and we know they are not the supplier and responsible for problems with accommodation or flights or transfers , they sub all that out , but they are responsible or should act responsibly when problems occur and as they are the customer facing company you would think that they would look after THEIR customers and try to resolve problems in a satisfactory way .

" you have booked a dynamic package " so does this mean , hey not my problem you ticked the T&C box , you get what you get , people not returning phone calls , running down the clock to departure date so the customer had to eventually accept the measly offer .

" you get a cheap price " Yes it's so cheap you don't even have to stay in the same hotel as your friends or family , if you're really lucky you can even stay in different resorts !! How good is that :duh
How brilliant that you can hand over money and get this for service , the amount doesn't matter , it is truly shocking .

Yes we all know things happen that can't be controlled , but HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS CAN BE .

Paulajay , I hope you can make the best of this situation and have a good holiday , you have my sympathy and I mean that sincerely .
Just one question ...... Will you book with them again ?
The curious thing is that TR have demonstrated in other cases that some people do get good customer service when there are problems and it would be interesting to find out what it is that makes the difference between some people being able to resolve their problems with TR and others not being able to.

SM
Knowing how the holiday was booked would help.... if all of the rooms were booked together at the same time, then realistically, the agent (TR) should be working with the local agent/company/resort to keep the reservations together and in the same place. If I recall, Travel Republic only allow a certain number of rooms to be booked together and anything above this number you have to go through their Group Bookings department.

However, depending how many rooms are needed that may just not be possible if it's all very last minute and is a very large group. Especially if the hotel has gone bump and the resort as a whole is trying to accommodate a full hotel of reservations.

Sadly, it may be too late to help the opening poster but may give an indication on the best way to make a booking should they all want to travel together again in the future.

I'm hoping when she says they are in separate resorts that they are Icmeler and Marmaris because at least they are pretty close to each other. It may also be possible to sort something out locally in resort if they can get the hotels to talk nicely to each other...

I hope that when they get there, they do all have an enjoyable time and I'm sure will have a few tales to tell about this holiday in the future.
Why would a company have an indifferent customer service policy ???

You either offer good service or you don't , if you offer bad service it's bad service

it would be interesting to find out what it is that makes the difference between some people being able to resolve their problems with TR and others not being able to.

SM

Why is it " their " the customers problem ? The company should be valuing the customer booking and resolving any problems , if you can't satisfy your customers you will eventually lose their custom , what type of business wants to lose customers ? And get a poor reputation .

I agree that some problems can be sorted out more easily than others and that might be the difference , perhaps some situations are more difficult to solve especially when trying to sort out problems at the very last minute which must make it even more difficult to ensure good customer service , perhaps better controls need to be in place .
. Why is it " their " the customers problem ?

Because if a customer doesn't have a problem there isn't a problem to be solved! The fact is that TR does have a great many satisfied, repeat customers and that is why they are still in business. As far as many of us are concerned it is a reputable company that has done a good job for us.

SM
There is also another way of looking at this. We have been told the problem from the OP side only. We still do not know if this was say a party of 5 couples who all made a separate booking or a party of 5 couples who made the booking as a group of 10 people. It has already been said that

The fact is that TR does have a great many satisfied, repeat customers and that is why they are still in business. As far as many of us are concerned it is a reputable company that has done a good job for us.

So what we are being told does seem a little strange. There are always two sides to a story.

fwh
It is meant in that if there is a problem it's the customers problem not TR s problem .

I'm sure TR does have many repeat customers and that's why they are still in business , so does Ryanair , and at the moment they are finding their sales and profits stagnating , people are fed up with shoddy service , just because you're big you can't take your customers for granted , just because you sell cheap , it won't keep your trade growing if you let customers down and provide poor service .

As far as I'm concerned , I might be the only one rather than the many , I see too many complaints on here about them , as you scroll down the end of this thread it list 5 other TR related threads , they all contain problems people have had , being given the runaround , ignored , treated badly etc .
It's always the same scenario , being told you have to stay in poorer accommodation compared to what you booked , why is it never we've had a problem with our accommodation supplier and we've given them a kick up the backside because they have let's us down and the good news is we've managed to get you upgraded to a more superior accommodation because we're sorry to have let you down on your choice of accommodation .
Perhaps if we all sit round and drink carlsberg it might happen !!!

Is Steve still around , he seemed to get certain issues resolved eventually , which led to the only good feedback I've read on here about TR
TR does have many complaints on many travel forums. So do OTB, and the multitude of other OTAs. Thomas Cook, aren't without a fair few either! A travel agent can only do so much. They aren't responsible for the contract.
People often post to complain, but rarely to praise.
There are 2 sides to every story, but with online forums you only ever get to hear 1 side - unfortunately.

Personally I cannot see the point of using any middleman to book something you can do for yourself. The exception being if you want a package with package regs cover, and some dynamic packages do offer it, but usually not the cheap OTAs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.