DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hiya,

Yeah, this is perfectly normal for most forms of travel.

Elaine
Hi Vik
Congratulations.
We're flying to Turkey in May & had to bring it forward by 1 week. I'll be 32 weeks when we return & our insurance would be invalid if we left it any later. I have to land at least 8 weeks prior to birth. There must be insurance companies that would cover you for travelling later than 32 weeks, as the travel agent said that all I need is a doctors note, but if we were flying later they would have to confirm it was ok with the airline.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Nik

PS the insurance is with Nat West & that's to 32 weeks, so ask about.
Hi

Thanks for the info. Well I have tried everything and no go and unfortunately we cant bring it forward as the cottage is booked, so...we are not going now :cry: - my sister has a caravan in Devon and we are going to go down for a few days instead.

No company would insure me past 35 weeks and my midwife advised against it so rather than take any risks we will leave it this year. We were going with friends and they are still going to go. Its only a holiday at the end of the day and we will have to accept that this year its not going to happen.

Anyway - I can start looking for family friendly holidays for next year.

Vicky
Better to be safe that sorry.
Too right.

Just imagine this nightmare scenario, if the baby was born in France it would be French :shock:
Sorry to hear that you've had to cancel - if it's any consolation we cancelled 2 holidays after I finding out I was pregnant - wouldn't have been quite so far gone in either situation but wasn't happy and felt that if, God forbid, anything did go wrong I'd be at home with British speaking peeps who could understand what I was saying and vice versa.

Just think of the holiday you can have next year instead and enjoy Devon - not quite the same but I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.