General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi
Congratulations on the bump :)
I can't answer about the travelling when pregnant bit,
but February is not the best month in Tenerife (it's when we always go so don't despair) in that it CAN rain.
It would be best to go to the south of the island rather than the north e.g. avoid Puerto de la Cruz, as the weather in the south is better. Costa Adeje would be a fine choice in that respect.
Generally the weather is like Spring in this county, i.e. a bit chilly at each end of the day (jumpers not coats and hats) but you should get a few hours of HOT sun in the middle of the day. It will be hot enough for shorts and t-shirts, or sunbathing. It gets dark at about 7pm, so it's better than UK in February, but not like summer.

I expect I will get shouted down, but that's how we've found the weather - some years we've been lucky, others we've had some rain and lots of strong winds. At least when the sun does come out, it is HOT immediately.
My friends have booked flights to Tenerife from January 29th for 2 weeks and are finding accommodation prices expensive.
Firstly Congratulations :tup

Canaries in Feb? I'm hoping for very high teens/ early 20F.....but lots of sun

Mmmmmm, many years ago we went to Gran Canaria for my Birthday in late January and the the weather was really lovely easily the high teens although it was a good bit cooler at night, we enjoyed it so much we thought we would book to go back the following year and try Tenerife early February and take my mum along for her Birthday.

The following year we did indeed go back to Tenerife and stayed in what was then a very small resort called Playa Paraiso, now I had gone on and on about our previous years holiday and how the weather was lovely and it was amazing to sit out by a pool or wear shorts and a t-shirt in January.

What can I say, not only was it cold, freezing in fact, the locals were very surprised so you can imagine how we felt when it started snowing :yikes

Yes we had cold winds and rain then it snowed for several hours on day, my mother was LESS than impressed :duh

Gone to Egypt ever since :sun2
I travelled around 24 weeks in both my pregnancies and had absolutely no problems.
You obviously need to be careful about what you are eating but that applies anyway and if it is warm make sure you keep drinking so that you don't dehydrate.
Thankyou everyone :)
i understand that it wont be like summer as long as we have a few hrs of sun each day ill be ok with that i wouldnt want it that hot in my condition anyway. i guessed it would be very hitty missy with weather in that time of year. it is more expensive to go in Feb than it was in May this year i guess cos you dont really have a choice of lots of hot places that time of year. Its the only time i can go really i wouldnt want to go any later and me and my boyfriend are both off toward the end of Feb so i guess we will go anyway and hope for the best. :) When i went in May this year it rained for the first 2 days and was cloudy so i guess you never know...

Thankyou
x
I am sure I read that Gran Canaria was the warmest Island. :que
We have been to all Canary Islands. Gran Canaria and Tenerife in January.
Fuerteventura in February and March and Lanzarote in April. Best weather was in Gran Canaria. :sun2
Is Fuerteventura suitable for a mobility scooter? My friend may change to there as accommodation is coming up cheaper but neither of us have been there before.
Coralejco is very flat but Caletta although has a mainly flat area does have a small hill going to the back of resort.
The only thing up there is a small Sunday market.
Not sure about the southern resorts.
i have been to tenerife for christmas it was warm out of the shade but the wind could be cool, lanzarote, i have been quite a few times in march although warm during the day the wind can be strong making it feel cooler especially on a night fuerteventura was similar, gran canaria i have been twice in february and march was high 20's both times.
wherever you choose it will be a lot warmer than home. have a good holiday
Jay Trip wrote:
Coralejco is very flat but Caletta although has a mainly flat area does have a small hill going to the back of resort.
The only thing up there is a small Sunday market.
Not sure about the southern resorts.

Thanks Jay :sun2 will let her know.
:think

Topic = Re: Travelling Whilst Pregnant & Canaries Weather Feb

Is Fuerteventura suitable for a mobility scooter? My friend may change to there as accommodation is coming up cheaper but neither of us have been there before.

:offtop you should no better Glynis :no
Graham Moderator
:rofl x
Hi,

Gran Canaria is usually the hottest Island.

Tenerife should also be OK however if you like to swim you will probably need a hotel that has a heated swimming pool.

Make sure you advise your travel insurance you are pregnant.

Enjoy your holiday and good luck with the baby :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.