General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Claro,
Been there, done that, got the tshirt, saw the video! :yikes
Try not to get stressed as your daughter will pick up on this. We took sticker books, animal snap and a few of Tom's favourite small toys when he was smaller and let him sit by the window.
Just remember, don't think of the people around you as most of them will have been through the same at some point in their life. It's usually these people who tut at you.
Have fun.
be prepared for lots of crawling onthe floor retrieving lost toys also :lol: but seriously the 1st time our eldest went abroad he was 11 months old, and our youngest was 7months when he went, and its never as bad as you think. donthave any tip regarding toys, cos cant remember to be honest, but one tip i will give is, if you are having meals, ask if one of you can have theirs sepertaly, so one of you can help your daughter and you both get food whilst its hot. :D
You may find THIS topic useful :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi Claroj. We will be in same position when we travel in September. Our daughter is also 2½. We will be taking: crayons, sticker activity book (she is obsessed with stickers :) ) her favourite teddies (two which rarely leave her side), some story books, a couple of drinks with straws (to help during take off and landing with ears) and probably some fruit for her to eat in case she wont eat the meal provided. I have let her choose what she is taking mostly and she has also chosen her own back pack.

We travelled last year and it was a doddle as she slept for most the time. I am not expecting miracles but she is really excited about the journey so fingers crossed :gluck Another good idea (although quite embarassing) is when landing we "put the brakes on". We had half the plane doing it last year which was quite amusing :D
Hope it all goes well and dont worry lots of people have been there and if they dont like it very much - tuff. Enjoy your holiday. :)
put the brakes on

Just jostled my memory there :lol: :lol: :lol:
And don't forget the turbulence is just bumping into the clouds :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.