Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I think it is worth looking around as the child ages vary so much, so perhaps this 12 and under rule might as well depending on operator. When we looked there were no hard and fast rules on the child age, Thomas Cook had the child age down as 11, Thomson, 12 and First Choice as 13, which is probably why we got a better price with them. So perhaps it's not the hotel that stipulates the ages in the family rooms?? Might be worth an email direct to the hotel. Prices are steep though, I can't believe how much your quotes are for a week Doe, is that in term time as well? Perhaps our £4100 wasn't so bad for 2 weeks in August after all!!

Have you tried Med Hotels and Travel Republic to see how DIY compares?

Pam :cheers
Pam .prices are silly for easter . Im nearly up to paying for a week at easter A/I to what I pay for 2 weeks in the summer . :(

it makes it all the more imporrtant to find those bargains.

I dont think it is the hotel the stipulates the child age . Its seems that each t/O fixes their own child age unless they have a promotion or something similar going on with a particular hotel. I was very lucky and got a child age up to 14 for the summer but a week later it changed back to 12 .
Fraid Lyns right Pam, a week at Easter is almost as much as a fortnight in the summer. :( I will do a bit of a look about though as it can vary from company to company. I did try Travel Republic yesterday and to be honest they weren't any better than Thomson or Thomas Cook for the dates I was looking at. Will give Med hotels a look as well now.

Also I am still unclear as to if you go with Travel Republic or similar are you covered by the Package Tour Regulations. If it's a huge saving I would take a chance with TR, but if no cheaper I would rather go with TC or TUI, particularly in the current economic climate. :(
I have to say F/C were cheaper than DIY for the summer. It hadn't clicked that you were looking at the easter holidays!! Good luck, I hope you find a deal you are happy with. I know I had to stretch our budget, I had hoped to do it on £3000, but with not booking as early as we would normally and being fussy, there was no way it was possible!
Pam :sun2
Is anyone else going to Grand Azure this year? Also does anyone know if you just get the free mini bar in the suites? Do the family rooms have a fridge still even if no mini bar, so you can fill it yourself if you want to.

Thanks

Pam
Hi

We booked the Tropicana Grand Azure for our Honeymoon in July and we booked the Junior Suite on the basis of the extra all inclusive benifits such as special lounge bar ect..

Now i have picked up a brochure today and all it says for the extra's on the suite rooms in the the room itself has a lounge.

Does anyone know if the other benfits still apply??? coz if not i have paid alot in supplemnts for a room with a extra sofa

Vikki xx
According to the hotel website, this is what you get:

Suites - All inclusive
Guests staying in the Suites enjoy all the above 'inclusive' items PLUS access to the Executive Lounge (offering international and local drinks and 24-hour snacks), tennis, one laundry service, room mini bar, English newspapers, German animation team.

See here: http://www.tropicanahotels.com/en/azure/entertainment.htm

Hope this helps!
im booked last month to go in june and extras included a larger room, executive lounge access, your own private restaurants to eat in but thats all i can remember at the moment.
we stayed at this hotel christmas 2007. Originally booked superior room, but then upgraded to a suite for an extra £200, was well worth it for the executive lounge and restaurant as this far better than normal restaurant and less crowded. You still get to use al acarte restaurants aswell . Rooms are more spacious and overlooking pool area, with minibar filled daily and fresh fruit on arrival. Must say though superior rooms are very spacious too. Lovely hotel lovely people lovely complex very big.
Hi All

We are coming to Egypt in 4 weeks for our Honeymoon & Staying at the Tropicana Grand Azure.

We booked the Junior Suite with it been our honeymoon we wanted the bonus of the extra bars ect but also wanted one of the best rooms.

Now my problem is that on the first choice confermation letter it says a Family Junior suite - is this there best rooms or have i been ripped off to the sum of £700.

Thanks in advance
vikkib,

Read this off the actual hotel website. There are different catagories of suites.

http://www.tropicanahotels.com/en/azure/facilities.htm

Angie.
I have booked a week's holiday at this hotel in April and i only booked a normal room. I want to upgrade to Junior suite. Has anyone booked a junior suite either on arrival or rang the hotel and booked before going?? if so how much more expensive is it? Can anyone confirm how big the normal size rooms are?
Hi Guys

I hope i can help. I stayed there last june/july and im returning this september. last year we stayed in a basic room and to be honest it was fine, double bed, fridge, patio, nice bathroom, large wardrobe, air con, it was all that we needed. The basic rooms were a pretty average hotel size, double bed with enough room to manouvere around it and a desk with mirror and chair. The rooms were spotless as well. They are a little dated in their decor but they were very clean. This year we decided to upgrade to a superior room, i believe the main difference is size in the basic and superior and i think they are double double rooms so could sleep up to 4 adults, i think the superior may have a seating area (although not sure some websites have said this others havent). I think the suites are even larger with a mini bar stocked daily and a larger seating area, and access to the executive bar and restaurant with upgraded alcohol brands.

I really liked the hotel, the food was brilliant, no upset stomachs, service was great we met some very friendly staff and to be honest you really didnt have to tip them it was just we felt some of them deserved it.

If you need any info just let me know :) also my friend is the manager in our local thomson's and she said its her best selling sharm hotel at the minute.
what is the transfer ti me to Tropicana Grand Azure please
Should only be about 10 or 15 mins max depending on other hotel drop offs on route. We stay a little further up the road from this hotel and took us about 15 mins last time.
took us about 25 minutes last time
how much to take, mexico only needed money for tips for the two weeks. usually just take local currency
It all depends if you want to do any excursions. If you are just saying in resort you won't need that much as everything is provided.
We are going to this hotel in May.

Garry
No excursions, just lazy holiday. Have you been before. Wondered about vaccinations, but some say do some don't need. Thinkit would be too late with only just under three weeks to go
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.