Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Suncatcher,

Which airport or region are you looking to fly from? There isn't really a best time to book, you just need to keep looking at prices and when you find a price you're happy to pay on the dates you want, book them. The trick is not to look again afterwards! You have the following options depending on where you want to fly from;

Thomas Cook Airlines
Thomson Airways
Monarch Airlines
Viking Airlines (Kiss Flight)
Pegasus (Kiss Flight)
Onur Air (Goldtrail, H4U, Aegean Flights)
Turkuaz Airline
Easyjet
Bmi
Jet2.com
KTHY KIBRIS (Turkish-Cypus Airlines)
Turkish Airlines (Via Istanbul)
+ others

Try some of the price comparisson websites to begin with, and the airline websites. Plenty of members use Aegean Flights (Onur Air) and get reasonable deals early on, but there's plenty of options open to you so shop around. You'll need to look carefully at what the fares include, ie many won't include meals or checked-in luggage allowance (optional extra cost) so make sure you compare like with like.

Darren
Thanks for all the info, quite a lot more choice than i thought. We would be looking to fly from bristol or south west airports. I will keep looking and when we see a price that we're happy with we will book. Otherwise we could just keep looking and looking...
Suncatcher,

Your choice is a little more limited from BRS! Your best bet is Thomas Cook, Thomson Airways or Onur Air.

Darren
One point to watch is that a recurring complaint this summer was from people who had booked Turkish flights well in advance and them got messed around with changes to times and airlines. This involved people who booked through agencies who said they could get them on charter flights and then struggled, many supposed bookings on BMI charters don't seem to have ever existed. Be wary if you don't book a scheduled flight direct with the airline because Turkey will be popular again next year because of the Euro rate and the same thing is likely to happen.
Easyjet are very good if you book early but I don't know if they go from Bristol.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.