Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I was in Ovacik in October last year, lovely and warm (too hot some days) but be warned, this is the end of the Turkey tourist season and a lot of places will have close/be closing for the off season. We still had a great time but it was noticeably quieter than when we went in May.
Thanks Zonda,
It will just be me and the wife (kids getting left with all my family) Will just be looking for laid back type of holiday ( long walks , long dinners and long drinks).
how far from Dalaman airport is it.
have a look at akyaka its lovely for a scenic peaceful holiday in a typical turkish resort, plenty of nice walks and fab beach this is around 50-60 mins from dalaman airport, ovacik is a similar distance but not a patch on akyaka but olu deniz which is about 5 -10 mins dolmus ride away from ovacik is lovely, have a look at these websites

http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/gokova.html

http://akyaka.com/index.php

ive put some photos in the gallery too, good luck where ever you decide to visit. we usually have good weather in oct, but it does get cool at night and a lightweight jacket is needed, the last few octs we have been there we have had about 2 rainy days out of the week, but rest of the week was fairly hot
My mates villa in Ovacik is 45 minutes from Dalaman by minibus transfer. To be honest Ovacik/Hisaronu are ideal for the type of holiday you describe, lots of nice restaurants where you can spend entire evenings if you want. Great beaches very close by too.
the weather in october is very unpredictable it can be boiling hot or rain for 3 days
as said before this is the tail end of the season but still one of the nicest times i think :sun2
I was in Marmaris past two years in October, we had rain both times.

wgipk.
I was in Olu Deniz last October and the weather was great had one storm early evening, bu that was it. Same the year before as well.
Thanks ellie-meg just had a look at Akyaka and it looks FAB just the type of hol we are wanting, the photos are stunning.
my mother in law stayed at the kordon apts and which was on the riverside but near the beach so in a great location and loved it there and prices were reasonable. when we go in the summer my friends are thinking of staying here this looks nice

http://www.tomsanokaliptus.com/

this hotel is lovely and we use their pool quite a lot as its so quiet, its at the top of akyaka so about 10 mins walk to the beach downhill its a killer coming back up lol. but lovely hotel,fab gardens and very turkish

http://www.idymahotel.com/en/index.htm
Been in total 6 times in October over the last 3 years, Rained once (Torrential rain) for 9 hours last year from 7pm to 4am (No swimming pools the very next day as they had to be emptied and refilled), Temperature at least 30 every day Sun Sun and more Sun now that cant be to bad.
Hi all
I have just booked with Goldtrail (£418 for 2 self catering and transfers for Marmaris) or (£560 just for flights)with Thomas Cook......
I will just use Goldtrail for flights and transfer,,
Can anyone recomend a good AI hotel for this time of the year.... CENTRAL location would be nice,,, or 1 very good just out of town place.
any ideas welcome
cheers gink
Hi rwb46 how can you visit turkey 6 times in October OVER THE LAST 3YR........
Not havin a dig at you ...just find it funny!!!!!
We always go Oct time to Marmaris it is hit and miss with weather but it is always nice and warm.

The A/I hotels we stay in are the Green Nature and Gran Pasa both are 5 star all inclusive if you got to greatlatedeals.com they have them on the site now accomadation only its a lot cheaper to book it yourself.

We are staying in Gran Pasa in Oct booked it last year only paid £109 each for the week thats 5 star A/I we are going for two weeks firstweek we are staing in a 4 star A/I and then transfering to the 5 star one the 2nd week.

Got our flights cheap when there first came out last year so in total for two weeks with flights and a 4 starand 5 star hotel with transfres it only cost us £510 altogether for two weeks :rofl
Just a final update on my holiday choice and Marmaris is getting a big miss and have booked to go to Akyaka instead.
A BIG thanks to ellie_meg for her advice. After a wee bit of searching the web for info Akyaka wins easily for me, and I have booked the Okaliptus Apartments..... just like you recomended ellie_meg..>> CHEERS.

Happy holidays :wave: :wave: :wave:
ginkster thats great news, my friend is trying to book these but hasnt had any replies to her emails, im going to turkey on fri so hopefully will go to akyaka to have a look at them if they are open in march, did you book direct or through an agency thanks

karen
Booked direct via Muammer , He replyed within 10mins ,and said I could have a 1 Bedroom apartment for the dates I wanted .. :)
He is also taking care of the transfers for us .
October 19--26th.
We have still to confirm all the details , I trust this hotel after reading good reports .

Why the hell did I think Marmaris would be a nice place to stay ?????? :think :think
I went to icmeler last october 15th - 25th , out of 10 days , 4 were rain free
ginkster i like marmaris out of season and the old part is quite nice, icmeler is nicer, but akyaka is a special place, due to it being in a conservation area you dont get any high rise hotels or any of the usual main TO so keeps this to a nice class of people, no rowdy teenagers etc, very pretty place surrounded by mountains, the lovely bay and riverside .my friend wants a villa there as shes going the same 2 weeks we are in aug, we are staying in our apt and these are near our apt hence her wanting 1 of their villas, maybe ill email them if i get the exact villa from her and go and see them when we go next week. marmaris is only 20 miles away so you could always take a day trip there
Yes ellie_meg ,, Like I said >>>> Long walks ,long dinners and long drinks. Just the type of holiday the Akyaka area has to offer for us.
This area looks like a true GEM. MY wife has seen a few pics of the area and she is asking why I even thought of taking her to the Marmaris area, (she hates touristy places) I keep telling her its all about the £££££££.. No doubt about it Akyaka is want WE want .
Seven days in Akyaka and one trip to Marmaris, and not seven days in Marmaris and one day in Akyaka,
Easy when we think about it .......
Once again ellie_meg CHEERS....
Lets try and keep this wee gem of an area to our-selfs.... lol
We dont care about the weather , we will be ready for anything. We will just use this holliday as a research trip for next year (july2009) when we will bring our 3 kids (age 3,6,10) .
The Akyakan beach looks ideal for kids, also the river and the forest, conservation area..... so much more on offer for us ..
..MUM AND DAD FIRST Sept 08 cant wait
Then the kids ..... next year.

Ellie-meg , do you know you have just changed the holliday patterns for all my family for years to come.
We have only ever been to turkey once before, and that was Sarigerme (nice wee place), we have been Greek Island holiday type in the past , and needed a change ..the kids even find Turkey easier than Greece to ENJOY!!. It looks more laid back and more idiot proof than some places we have been to.
Your opinion and thoughts have been a massive help to us.
You have not been biassed
You have gave us your opinion
We have made OUR choice,

Regards
Garry :sun2 :wave:

Cheers Ginkster
:whoops :really :really
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.