Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We're staying at the Club Turquoise. Is that relatively near??

Jacki
Yes, looks like its number 113 on the map, so just up the road.
Thanks Chris

I'll be there on Saturday then :)

Jacki
I went to the Lycium in Hisaronu last week and have to say it was a waste of £20. It was £10 for the Turkish Bath, which consisted of sauna, body scrub and then soap massage and then another £10 for a full body massage. I came away very disappointed and not particularly invigorated.
As a result of my experience I would not recommend them, maybe I just picked a bad one......
Just got back from Marmaris early hours of this morning. Last Tuesday I booked a Turkish Bath/Massage with Ossie & Eddie of Green Idyma Travel Agency (back of Club Atrium on road up to Club Julian). It cost me £5.00.

Someone came and picked me up from Xanthos Apart where I was staying and took me down to Pasa Beach Hotel on the beach front.

It was well worth the money - ten minutes in the sauna first (as if I needed to sit in there - it was in excess of 30 degrees C outside !!) followed by cold shower (certainly needed), then exfoliating scrub, rinse down, then all the warm foam of the turkish bath which included a massage, rinse down again, wrapped in towels to dry off for 15 minutes of so (there was also the option of a face mask at this point but it was at extra cost - 10 YTL I think), then the oil massage which lasted for about 30 minutes.

All in all a lovely relaxing start to my holiday.
When we went to Turkey last year we took our little boy for a Turkish Bath, he was 7 and it was one of the highlights of his holiday as it was a whole new experience for him. The guys doing the massage etc were really gentle and just gave him a basic wee rub down and a splash of cold water but he absolutely loved the whole experience of wearing the towel robe etc.
Can anyone recommend a good turkish bath in Icmeler - Only ever used the Mersoy exclusive. But couldnt get in when we went in June as there were long waits - Sure it wont be the same in October but a alternative would be great!!

Louise xx
when are you going in october louise...we are there from the 13th for one week...Gavin 8)
Seems everyone are going on the 13th - We travel on the 6th October.
oooooh as we arrive you will most likley be on your way home......please leave some efes's for us please...hope you have a great time..Gavin 8)
We go home early hours of the 14th. and dont worry julie and i dont drink efes so there be plenty left for you. Not so sure about the vodka stocks!!
Hi Everyone

Went to Marmaris twice last year. On the second visit we had a Turkish Bath bought from one of the reps on the Street, although I enjoyed it, I dont think it was one of the best places to go to.

We are heading out again on April 29th, but was wondering what are your recommendations for a really good Turkish Bath in Marmaris please. I dont mind paying that little bit extra for a really good one.

Many Thanks for your help.

Mary x
Hi Mary,

I had a great Turkish Bath/Massage while in Marmaris in September. Are you familiar with the Armutalan area? On the little road at the back of Club Atrium on the way up to Club Julian there is a little guy called Ossie who sells excursions etc., from a little shop on the left hand side. I booked with him last year for the Turkish Bath. It cost £5. I was picked up in a car and taken to a posh hotel on the beach front. It had all the facilities. There were several people there but it was a great experience, turkish bath followed by massage. The name of the hotel escapes me (blond moment :roll: ) but if I think of it I'll let you know. The driver collected me after a couple of hours and took me back to my hotel. It was a great start to the holiday and I shall do the same when I go in just over 4 weeks time (21 May).

Club Atrium also offers Turkish Baths at a reasonable price, but when you book you are the only one(s) there. Can't remember the cost but it was good too.

Hope you get one booked. Let us know how it went.

Have a great holiday.

Chris :wink:
Hello again Mary, I was just having a soak in the bath (English bath that is, not Turkish unfortunately) when the name of the hotel came to me. It was Pasa Beach, right down on the beach front.

Enjoy :wink

Chris
Hi Chris

Thanks for that. I have written the Pasa Beach one down, just to keep the old brain active, otherwise it will be forgotten :lol:

Club Atrium, now I think that is the one that was recommended to me last year, but I couldnt find the thread. I dont even know if it was on this site or Trip Advisor :roll:

I will let you know when I return. Even though the one we had last year was good, I dont think they were so great on the massage, very quick too.

Ooh getting excited now, 1 week Sunday.

Mary x
We,re of to Marmaris on the 2nd June 1st time. We arrive early hours Sunday morning and I was wondering if you can get a Turkish Bath on a Sunday? We,re staying at the Mehtap does anybody Know how we go about getting one? Thanks :D
can any one recomend anywhere in icmeler
We had a really luxurious Turkish bath at the penguin health club last week in Icmeler :) prices ranged from £10 to £65 it was very professional and would suit couples rather than families as they only treat 2 people at a time. They collected us and returned us at no extra charge, it's located in a large hotel at the back of Icmeler the phone number is 0 252 455 47 81, it really was a luxurious treat. We usually use the big Turkish bath at Armutalan for groups of more than two which is also very good, have a look at this link http://www.hamamcilarltd.com/ they also collect and return you to your accommodation. What ever you do make sure you have a turkish bath, it's a great way to start your holiday.
As this will be our first visit to Turkey, when is the best time to have a

Turkish bath. I have been told to go on our first day because it will help

the tan? or is it better to go later in the hols.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.