Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Heard varying storys regarding turkish baths and massage.

I suffer occasionly from back probles ie pulled muscles is it ok to go for a turkish bath or better to leave it alone.
Hi Killie

The Turkish bath its self wont effect your back problems. I have the same problem.

You could always tell them to leave your back alone when getting the massage if you were worried.

My husband had a problem with this shoulder told the guy who had trained in sports injuries, he massaged it and gave him advice on what to do.

Lynn
thanks lynn

last thing i want to do is do my back in on the 1st day heard this is the bestday to go. always been worried about it as had a thai massage and couldnt move for 2days :cry
Most hamams offer a medical massage ,which i have always found beneficial for my back problems ,they always seem to know what they are about.

Bluepeterno1
I agree wih Peter. I suffer with arrthritis and they always spend a lot of time on the knees and shoulders. I almost run out of there afterwrds!

Normally I have the Turkish bath midway through the fortnight and it never takes the tan off and with the oil massage the skin is even better. Off next Monday...

Barbara
wemt for a turkish bath yesterday...wonderful... total relaxation and pampering, 30 ytl and worth every korus...pm for details.
Most wonderful experience, I intend to go back to Olu Deniz next year and will book one as soon as possible.My pal and I had our skin exfoliated with sea salt and fragrant oil and then a rinse and the young lady seemed to squeeze this soft foam out of a long pillowcase. A massage with this foam and my hair shampooed and a head massage. After rinsing we sat drinking apple tea in thick fluffy dressing gown before our massage. We booked back and shoulder massages but even our hands were kneaded and clicked. I was relaxed for days after and my hair was shining. I suffer from slight arthritis and neck and shoulder tension and for the rest of the holiday I was so relaxed. It definitely helped my tan too. I remember walking back to my room afterwards and felt as limp as a jelly. My advice would be to request a medium strength massage. I have had massages in this country but never experienced anything like it. I wore a bikini but my pal had a swimsuit on and had to roll it down. Its definitely a must do if your going to Turkey. I cant wait to have another. I think next time will be even better as I will know what to expect. There was a choice of different types of massage one involved having oil trickled slowly on. They sometimes give you a preview on tv screens to let you see the different types of massage. Book one and enjoy is my advice. :wave:
@sunnisandi
Where did you go last year for that turkish bath etc. Sounds fab, My daughter and I are going to Olu in Septemner and want to book something like this, also how much did that cost (if you don't mind my asking)
We had our treatment at our hotel and probably paid more for it because of that, i think for all of it the exfoliation, foam massage and turkish bath, then the chinese massage afterwards it came to approx £40 which I now think was poss a wee bit expensive but we hade only been there a couple of days and were not clued up. I would probably shop around next time. I was more confident going to the hotel "wellness centre" to have it done. Im not sure what it would cost but I am going to try to find my leaflets from the resort to see if the prices are on. Someone else could hopefully give you an idea of general costs. The experience was definitely worth even what we paid though. Do make sure you fill out the form which lets them know if you have any medical problems though. Some guests seemed a bit dismissive of it and the questions seemed like common sense.
Which hotel was it though? I prefer to go to one at a hotel spa. When you go to the public one in Fetiye, that they take you to for the half day trip you are herded in with a dozen of so others, you don't get such a thorough going over as you do when you have an individual appointment. Also you are on the marble slab where everyone has laid and although I'm sure they rinse way all the skin, its all a bit of a rush. plus everyone is watching!

We had, just the scrub at Spa Hotel we were staying in Belek and that came to £30, the massage would have been another £35. I would like to go for the whole lot next time so was wondering where to go.

I've heard the Belzeck Beach Hotel is one of the best.
hello chelsea boy we go on the 26th june to marmaris could you tell me the best turkish bath massage ive tryed to pm you but not enough posts many thanks adrian & Vicki
we were staying at the olu deniz resort hotel and it was relatively quiet so i see what you mean, you wouldnt want to be on a conveyor belt type visit. There were different prices for different treatments and even three day treatments. The prices were all listed on a leaflet and Im hoping I can find it. Got to dig through my case and hope to have some information to hand.
Another query from the boss(OH).Is there such a thing as a childrens Turkish bath.A bit like a mini Turkish bath if you like.I am staying at the Club Turquoise and boss was wondering if we could do one as a family.Only 25 days until we go for the first time.

:cheers Stevie C
Anybody recommend a Turkish Bath in Olu Deniz? Also a good barbers so can have a shave.

Ta
went yesterday great laugh when my wife was having hers. but mıne was a little sore as sore muscle ın back at present. he spent a long tıme tryıng to correct the area but apologısed after for not fıxıng ıt :que by that tıme ı was half way to the ceılıng.
Hi

Went to turkish baths attached to Lycian Centre (Lycian apartments) few years back . Had good experience. If you go please take note of names and faces - would love to exchange photos and info with you. Will you help me to relive my dream holiday?

Great looking guys there!
We go to Olu in just under 3 weeks and although I thought about having a turkish bath last year, we never did. As I am travelling with just my son (aged coming up to 8) I wanted to see if he is allowed to have one too? Im sure I read somewhere that it is ok for kids, just wondering from what age, or if not, is he able to come in with me?

Im not a Kate Moss and Im not at my most relaxed in my costume let alone anything else, so am just wondering just what I would need to wear/take . . .also, is there one apart from beleckiz that anyone recommends in Olu, particularly if they do a "mini" version for kids?

Thanks
want to go to the turkish baths , are they near by , do you get transport included ,how much is it and what does it involve , also does the mud stain clothes wondering if i should pack a old bikini ,
thanks any info very much appreciated
forgot to say we are going to mamaris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.