Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
TV Documentary
10 Posts
Yes, it's the programme "Bulgaria's Abandoned Children", referred to in this Wikipedia article.

Baldur
I saw this docomentary on BBC four a couple of months ago and it will break your heart...I emailed the Bulgarian embassy to vent my views about what I saw as did many others and they didnt bother to reply.Basically its disabled kids left to fend for themselves on starvation rations in what is mean to be a civilized country.Watch it and weep :evil:
OMG to think Bulgaria was allowed into the EU.Words fail me!
Trust me, the program gets worse at it goes on unfortunately :evil:
I have worked with physical and mentally disabled children and adults but fortunately they were well looked after.This is one country I wont be visiting again.I really cant see how anyone who watched this programme could visit Bulgaria and enjoy themselves knowing the government are doing nothing to help these poor children and are even refusing International charities access to help them.Its disgusting.
For those UK citizens/residents who saw the programme and wish to participate, there is an e-petition to the Prime Minister HERE, which is open until 17/03/2008.

Baldur
hi watched the documentary on the childrens homes and can not even describe how i feel. i have done some research into the home as i have purchased a property in bulgaria and would love to do something to help whilst over there. have tracked down a person tonyt who may be able to help me.
many thanks
dellgirl
OMG to think Bulgaria was allowed into the EU.Words fail me!

I prefer not to get involved in controversial matters on this forum, it's not what we are about, but on this issue I have to agree with Jay Trip!

Peter
I missed the programme but I'm sure it gave food for thought.As it is not really what the forum is about( thanks Peter) and Baldur has given a possible course of action I'll lock this now.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.