General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
I watched it on 4oD - was rather intresting.

But then my favourite TV programme is Air Crash Investigation.
I thought the program was only on for one hour and was nodding off after 50 mins. the first hour could have been condensed to about 15 mins. they kept showing you the same thing over and over again.It still does not put me off flying.
I got my boarding pass but forgot to watch it! However, apparently I would have survived.
I thought it was very interesting, mind you I can always tell you how many rows it is to the nearest exit both in front and behind our seat on the plane, I do pay attention to the pre flight demo and also check if there is a life vest under the seat.
I haven't watched it yet but in a previous career part of my job was crash investigation. The parts that my company manufactured would be returned to us after recovery and then we would dismantle them to see if they had contributed in any way to a failure. Sometimes they would still be full of sea water when we cracked them open. Other times they would be chared and mangled and beyond sensible examination.
If they had been used by a big airline we often would get the swervice manuals with them to check that they had been maintained properly but with many smaller airlines they often carried all the manuals in the planes! So they were often lost at the same time.
Interesting job Hi de Hi.

I remember once reading somewhere that you should count the number of seats to your nearest emergency exit so that if it's dark you can, hopefully, find your way out.

I had to pah! at the fact that they concluded that the brace position is the safest. Apart from when we have emergency exit seats I don't think I've flown on a plane where there's enough room to adopt the brace position :think
brilliant experiment.... i hope we get a follow-up with the final analysis of the results
This was another project was involved in (about 25 years ago now). A fuel company was trying to develop an additive that could be mixed with aviation fuel so that it wouldn't explode in crashes. The test in the video was the ultimate in around 3 years of development. As you can see all the work was for nothing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33N0raKZBo

The plane was radio controlled by the way!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.