Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I have just been looking for a holiday to Tunisia for next week due to this dreadful weather but the prices are quite high.
Maybe some of the flights have been taken off as the hotels are not full.
The reason UK tourists have returned in greater numbers than those from other countries is that we are a resiliant people and don't get intimidated by the odd revolution, particularly one which took place over a year ago.

Flight prices are awful Jay Trip, particularly with Thomas Cook and Thomsons. I've been checking for October and from Stansted to Enfidha is around £250, plus luggage. Luckilly I'm in the south so can fly BA from Gatwick to Tunis which works out considerably cheaper. A lot of fights seem to have been stopped, which makes a mockery of TC and Thomsons saying they want to support Tunisia. That said, despite the hotels not being full, and many of them being 'temporarily' closed, prices for accommodation also seem to have spiralled upwards recently. :roll:
Hi ,I am sick of this awful weather and although I have just returned from Turkey I asked OH if I should look for a late deal.
The prices for Tunisia are twice the price of holidays to Turkey which may be too hot for us now.
Its a shame really as they desperately need the tourists to return.
As you know Jean I've been a regular visitor to Tunisia for years and have obviously seen prices rise in that time, but nothing like as much as they have recently. If I were a cynic I might think the tour operators were hoping to discourage visitors so they could pull out. Of course this will be hard for those of us who think of it as our second home, but it will have a disastrous effect on the country. One of the advantages of Tunisia was that not only was it a short flight from the UK but it was relatively cheap. meaning people were prepared to try it out for a short break (and perhaps keep going back and recommend it to their friends). There are plenty of other places to visit, with perhaps more general appeal, so whilst we regular visitors will no doubt struggle on others will undoubtedly look elsewhere :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.