Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi

I know of a very good friend who lives in Tunisia. He is hardworking but quite poor. He is looking into coming to UK and is willing to try anything. Has anybody got any recommendations. He is really a very nice and sincere person.
Hi, I would advise your friend to go through all the right channels when trting to get a visa for the UK. It really isn't worth trying to get in through "the back door" so to speak as UK immigration are very hot on that kind of thing now. The most important thing is to have someone over here who is willing to sponsor a visit for him and has a healthy financial situation so that your friend will not have to rely on our public funds for his visit. Does your friend have a job in Tunisia? If he can prove from his employer that his job is permanent and will be there still when he returns then that also helps. The key really is to have all the correct documentation to take to the Embassy as they check everything with a fine tooth comb!! If you need any further info then please let me know!!
British passport holders do not require visas for a stay of three months
or less. On arrival, security checks are sometimes run on British passport
holders who are not UK-born. This can take a few hours and such visitors
are advised to be patient until clearance is given.

Seems there's discrimination based on birth place ... 8)
I met a Tunisian family who live locally on the way out to Tunisia in April. The husband had been here five years and the wife only 2 years. They had two young children including a five-month old baby. They were going to visit family in Karaouan but breaking the journey in Sousse. They didn't seem to have any problems either end and came back on the same flight as me. I think it all depends on what mood the immigration people are in on the day. :roll:
weve flown to both monastir and tunis and dh is on a tunisian passport with an english visas and has never had any problems with immigration
Hello everyone, especially Lucylockett. I'm hoping to marry my tunisian fiance later this year so I'm going through the same process you describe. He's a lot younger than me so we're worried that the UK Immigration authorites will view our marriage sceptically, still, we'll just have to prove them wrong won't we? Are you married now and if so, how did it go? Any information on Tunisian marriage ceremonies - the interesting bits like what to wear etc, would be very helpful. I kind of know the legal stuff. Good luck to you and thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. It seems I'm not the only Brit to have fallen in love with this small, beautiful country. :)
I know someone has posted on Tunisian weddings so if you use the 'search' it may give you some good ideas. I'd just like to wish you both the very best of luck for the future. :gluck
Pamela

See my post on Tunisian Weddings. Any questions, then ask away.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30449
Dorra

Read your post before I went out last time in July for my friends wedding - I printed it off & she read it on the flight on the way over - it was great - thankyou!!

The wedding was fantastic & gives me a kind of insight as to what mine will be like in the not too distant future - inchallah!!

Thanks again :)
Aslemma, thank you so much for your good wishes. I'm off to Tunisia on Sunday, for 3 weeks :lol: and hope to sort out most of the legalities etc. I'll keep you posted.

Dorra, thanks for your post and for the detailed description of the wedding you attended - it sounded fascinating! I haven't found part 2 yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Take care
Glad you found that both useful and enjoyable, LadyHelen and Pamela. As for part 2 ... well I haven't quite got around to that yet. But I am working on it... maybe on your return Pamela...

Good luck to both of you. The bride and groom from last August, Imed and Salwa have just become proud parents of a baby boy. Good job it wasn't a girl; they would have named her after me! Instead he's Mohammmed. Hamdullah.
Just to let you know that my friend who got married July 17th has just returned to Tunisia to go and 'collect' her hubby!! He had his visa granted first week in August :D

Thanks to those of you who have supplied information and advice
regarding this subject - it is valued.
I'm so pleased that things worked out so well for your friend and her husband. Please give them all the best of good wishes from me.
oh I am so glad to read these posts. my Tunisian boyfriend asked me to marry him last week, we have been together 3 years, and although I said yes (and ran to the toilet) I secretly thought 'dont be silly, its just not possible'. but after reading all these posts it really is possible. now..... does anyone have any advice on breaking to mothers? everything else will be a walk in the park, Im home a week and still havent mentioned it. No.... Im not a coward, just ...ok a coward.
I had all the reservations when we started seeing one another, he wants my passport, visa, money but he passed all tests with flying colours. did anyone else have these reservations too?
but for those who got married could you let me know how it all went, how long it all takes, and where to start.
thanks and congratulations
so can tunisians get permanent residency in the uk at all?
Apparently yes. The man of the Tunisian family I met on the way to and from Sousse last year had been here 5 years and had permanent residency. His wife had only been here a couple of years and was still waiting for it to be granted. As I only met them for a short while both times I obviously don't know the details though.
my husband is now on a permanent residence and as he is married to a british born person he can apply for his british passport now :D will make life alot easier for us wanting to travel to other countrys
Hi, Just to give any of you guys hope, i met my hubby in Hammamet 15yrs ago I was 19 he was 26 we got married 5 yrs later and we have lived in England for the last 10 yrs. We have 2 children ages 6+7 yrs . He has permenant residency in the UK and is entitled to apply for a British passport but he doesnt want one. He can fly with uk charter airlines and is infact in Tunisia at present visiting his family, me and the kids fly out on the 8th Jan for his last 2 wks... so you see who says hol romances dont work, if anyone wants any advice im far from an expert but between my husband and I I am sure we may be able to answer any queries.. besslammah. :D
Hi All :lol: ,

Just discovered this site on a search and was really happy to read how many people have successfully got visas for their Tunisian boyfriends and husbands!!! I dint have any luck when i tried to get a holiday visa for my boyfriend, didnt have enough paperwork. Anyway we are getting married in April and hope to get him a residence visas after the wedding. Have made sure to research carefully what papers i need this time!!! Hearing from some of you has given me hope!!!

Any further tips would be greatly appreciated from those who have been successful!!!
Happy new year to all
Cath :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.