Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Jan

I go to Protaras every August and have done for the last 8 yrs. We always go around th 12th for 2 weeks so going home 26th never notice it being any hotter at the end of stay to the beginning.
Tempreture wise it is probably around very high 30's so yes hot,hot,hot!! :tongue

Sharon
back in 2007 we spotted a thermometer outside a shop in Pernera

Temperature at 11:30am August 2007

Steve
Say no more!! Thanks for your replies which confirm it will be a wee bit too hot for me! Jan
:wave: this feels strange lol, i have asked questions for years in the Turkey forum but this time we are venturing to Cyprus :) Please could anyone tell me what the weather will be like when we go, 30th Aug to the 6th Sept? oh we are staying in the Paphos area.

thanks
chazy
Hi Chazy, I've been visiting Paphos for a number of years at various times in the summer/autumn periods. We will be be staying in Chlorakas from September 2nd for a fortnight :tup
Based on my experience, You will find it it hot during the day with very settled weather :sun2 . If you are lucky, the very humid weather that Paphos experiences in August will have passed. Very uncomfortable! As it's the first week in September that you're going, please remember to take a jumper/cardigan if you decide to take a trip up to the Troodos mountains. Last year we took a rest stop in Pano Platres (Sept 4th) and were enveloped in thick, cold fog! Enjoy your jollies :cheers
:wave: kingleonidas

Thank you so very much for the reply :tup It's our first time to Cyprus {I hope we like it lol} been going to different parts of Turkey for at least 15 years, we need a change :D Will the evenings be warm enough just for light clothing? no cardies ect lol, we are taking our 2 year old Grandson and just need to know what to pack for him. I am getting excited now lol we have hired a beautiful private appartment from a friend for the week and we are hiring a car. I used a link on here and sent for an info pack from the Cypriot tourist agency and it came within 2 days!!!! {it's fab, with maps and booklets ect}

Once again thank you
chazy
Chazy we have just come back from Pernera 3 weeks ago and will be returning 28th September for a fortnight and we will not be taking any warm clothing except our travelling gear for the plane!! We went last year in May and the year before in September and we never needed any cardigans, jumpers or coats my little boy who is 2.5years now was fine in his pushchair and never needed any blankets on when he was asleep. We tried to put a sheet over him when he slept but yanked it off as he was too hot!!
Chazy, The evenings are warm and if you just want to go out in T shirt and shorts, you'll have no problem.
I note that you will have a car so I urge you to get out there and explore. ;)
There are some lovely picnic sites in the countryside, usually situated in a forest glade or on a hillside with a cooling breeze.
Good for observing the wildlife - mainly birds - and equipped with barbeque pits and picnic tables.
Paphos Harbour is a busy, enjoyable place to promenade at night. It is lined with Cafes and Restaurants but I would not recommend eating there.
Best recommendation for a meal in Paphos? 'The Almond Tree' without a doubt. :wave:
No idea where to go so just looking what temp is around mid April/May
Many thanks
Georgia x
Hi

I have been to Protaras 3 times at this time of year everytime the daytime weather has been really warm high 20's sea very cold and at night always needed to cover arms/legs.
Thinking about Cyprus in November, what the weather like in Paphos, Limassol?
its usually a few degrees cooler at the Pafos end of the island
just got back :cry a bit hotter than usual for time of year Protaras/Agia Napa managed 30/32 deg in shade over the week Pafos [daughter is still out there] 27/29 deg for same period as winter progresses the temp difference can be more marked

wiz
Hi, going to paphos next week. Weather forecast says thundery showers all week! Is it really going to be that bad? Help! :(
hi guys anyone there at mo arriving tomorrow and weather says rain til sat please tell me it only last a few minutes a day not all day update please thankyou
How warm is it at the begining of April, thinking of going to paphos at easter, we usually go to the canaries at this time of year, is the weather the about the same. We have never been to cyprus and have found a great deal and would love to go somewhere different thanks.
I know its early and I fly out on 19th May.....cant wait!!!! Is it getting warmer yet :)
34oC in protarus today with a dangerously cool breeze!

nice!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.