Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Am going to Protaras In April, does anyone know what weather is usually lik in April ? :)
many thanks
Changeable. Parts of last April were very cold. More reliable toward end of April beginning of May but still prone to rain. When the sun is out though it can be warm enough to sunbathe. Sea very cold though and not all the restaurants/entertainment will be open in Protaras until end April.
Would suggest a slightly more positive view. We regularly holiday in Protaras in April, and even when we flew out on April 1 the weather was always "sunbathable", and it only rained on the first day. It can get chilly at night, especially if its windy, but I would suggest that day time temperatures will be around 24 - 25 ish.

As Cyprus Junkie states, some facilities won't be open until late April/early May, but plenty will be

Richie
I have been mid april once and early may once and only saw 1 rain shower and that was in the evening. Off back there again in may as got cracking deal and we cant wait.
It's been rainy days in Cyprus nearly every day.. last two-three weeks.
Don't forget your rain coat....

http://cyprusmeteo.com/meteo_data/stat_1month/RainHistory.gif
More detailed info on rain and forecast can be found below.. Happy Holidays!
my sister( and especially her cat :D ) is getting a bit fed up with the thunderstorms. But does say all the rain should help with less water shortages in the summer.
Hi, we are booked into Atlantica Bay @ easter, any ideas on weather temperture on a normal year? mid 20's ?????
Hi there,
We too are booked ATLANTIC bAY over the easter hols. I have been looking at previous years charts and they say the temp is about 74*F. But the weather looks very unsettled at the moment and for the next week. Lets hope it settles down and we get some good temps.

regards marie :sun2
Sorry this is a silly question I know but am just wondering what the weather is normally like in Cyprus mid February.

We have just returned from our first 'hot' February break in Fuerteventura this year and are looking ahead. Must admit would love to return to Paphos sometime and are tempted to go over for a February break. Must admit, dont particularly want to go and be as cold as in the UK!

Any help appreciated ! Be brutal re the temperatures if need be !!!!!

:cheers

PS Am not complaining re any rain you may have over there ---------- am sure anyone living over there skips about in it in Winter !
Not sunbathing weather but warmer than UK. I would suggest daytime temperatures of around 17 - 20 degrees. Cold at night. We went in January a couple of years ago and could still sit outside during the day. Fair bit of sun, but rain possible.

Richie
Oh My God! It is warmer at home than it is in Cyprus. I am going to be so disappointed if the weather is bad. I am thinking should have booked Tenerife!
Still doesn't look too good, rain clouds and low temperatures!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it changes before the the 4th April. Anyone else going out then and worried like me about what to take (wellies) instead of suncream. :cry
Hi all, i am new to this site. we have always gone to the canarie islands for our summer holiday, but this year we have booked a villa in ayia napa, very close to nissi beach. We go on the 12th july for 2 weeks, will it be warm at that time?, i know its probably a stupid question but i thought i would ask anyway. thanks
we normaly avoid mid summer holidays but last time we were in the Ammochostos district of Cyprus in mid july the temps reached 40 deg by 10 am every day however the ave temp is a bit lower around 36/38 at mid day

yasus
wizard
hello and welcome, in july i would take some jumpers and a warm fleece..................................................................only joking it will be very hot!
Ohhh nooo.... Booked last minute for April 15th to Paphos, in desperate need of a bit of sun and a tan - not been too well recently, and hubby thought a bit of sunshine would cheer me up..

Now it seems it might not happen :-(

Still holding out for a sudden heatwave :que
It's usually lovely here when we go on holiday, please let the sun shine there 1st - 8th April, badly need this break.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.