General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I can get quite a bit in my hand luggage

1.Tickets
2.Passports
3.Money
4.Full size Iron
5.Straighteners
6.Hairdryer
7.Sweets
8.Magazine
9.Flip flops
10.Light jacket

Just hate carrying it around with me, and this time we have 10kg hand luggage each so will have to make sure we dont go over the top as the weight will be too much for me to carry :D
shazajo wrote:
I can get quite a bit in my hand luggage

1.Tickets
2.Passports
3.Money
4.Full size Iron
5.Straighteners
6.Hairdryer
7.Sweets
8.Magazine
9.Flip flops
10.Light jacket

Just hate carrying it around with me, and this time we have 10kg hand luggage each so will have to make sure we dont go over the top as the weight will be too much for me to carry :D

I can' t imagine carrying round a full sized iron, plus hairdryer and straighteners, unless my hand luggage was on wheels, I'm sure I would be suffering with a back injury before arriving at my destination. :duh Those items would definitely go into my hold baggage. :cheers
Judith

Your right but needed to last year as we only had 15kg hold luggage so hence carrying electricals in hand luggage plus I cant get away with travel irons, dont do the job right for me
I always use my hand luggage allowance to pack a pair of swim shorts and a small selection of clothes ,socks and boxers just in case my case goes missing ;)

That way at least I have a change of clothes and could start my holiday without having to live in traveling clothes for a couple of days.
Mine varies depending on destination, but is something like;

Passport, tickets, money (be stuck without them!)
Camera body, 10-20mm lens, 24-105mm lens, 75-300mm or 50-500mm lens, external flash and diffuser
2 Magazines (normally Airliner World and Diver)
Noise cancelling headphones
Chocolate or Pringles (or both if it's a long flight)
Diving logbook and c-cards
Anything else I've forgetted to pack!

Darren
Travel docs
Travel sickness pill
Knickers and t shirt (1 pair of)
toothbrush and toothpaste
glasses
kindle
pashmina
fluffy socks
sweets
water after security
Does anyone take an additional plastic bag with bits in? I know on longer haul flights this is essential? body creams etc? :)
Mari - I might do that this year. Take my Hand sanitizer, Diprobrase cream, or whatever else I can find going through my dresser as I pack my cases etc :tup

CourtneeLouise xx
don't forget the liquids in hand baggage security rules also apply to pastes, gels and creams.
Passport
Plastic bag for security consisting of perfume, lippy, mascara, eyeliner, bronzer compact, lipliner
Mobile phone
Pen
Ciggies and lighter
Tissues
Baby wipes
Sunglasses
Bobble
Tickets ofcourse
Purse with all my money.
Key for case
headphones for my music player
chewing gum
lip balm

And my list for my case what Ive have packed etc..Im so organised..
Passports
Tickets
Money
Insulin
Blood glucose testing meter
snacks
A book or magazine which I never usually end up reading.
A lighter & cigarettes
Wetwipes
Passport
Tickets
Netbook
Book

and as little else as possible.
Does anyone know what type of plastic bag to use? Cold I use a Molton Brown clear bag that the showergels come in if anyone knows what I mean? and is there a limit how much yu can take?

thanks
the rules published by the Government are at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179
you may find that some airports are pickier than others about the bag, the ones that sell them tend to be the worst!
Mine consists of:

Ipods
Camera
Chargers
Adapter Plug
Medicine Bag
Bag of Boiled Sweets
Dive Computers
A book to read on the plane,

There is also room to fit my bum bag in for the security check: In that, I have tickets, passports and cash as well as the keys to the case and 2 pens.

After the check, there may be a magazine, 2 puzzle books and a bottle of water join it.

Rob has a bag with the Dive Regs in for both of us...and that just about takes all the weight allowance for his hand luggage.
does toiletries have to go in your hand luggage or can they just got in your suitcase as i have spare kg`s in my suitcase thanks
If your toiletries are in mini sizes (each not more than 100ml) and not totalling more than 1 litre, then they can be carried in a clear plastic bag 20x20cms in size in your hand luggage. Otherwise they must go in you hold luggage.
so any items over 100ml go in suitcase and under 100ml go in hand luggage.
Simply put yes, but you can't carry more mini items (up to 100ml each) that add up to more than a total of 1000ml (1 litre) in your handluggage.( In a plastic see through 20x20cm bag) .
check out http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.