General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Pretty much the same as you apart from my kindle and a tube of pringles.
essential documents and money
bottle water
couple of books
couple of magazines
jewellery roll
couple pairs of flip flops
hairdryer
ipod
and anything else I can fit in it to save weight in suitcase :D
This year I had :

Passports (for all us)
Tickets
Money - £s and half the €s we were taking (hubby had other half)
2 Books
2 pairs of flip flops
Phone
Hair straightners
T Bags
My fluffy socks (for the aeroplane because I my feet get cold sometimes)
Hair brush
Make up bag
Paracetamol and decongestants
Bottle of water
Sweets and chewing gum

Dont normally take so much in hand luggage but as we were going for longer this time, I had to make use of my 5kg hand luggage allowance as well.
Medicines
E:reader
Glasses
6 Dresses
Change of underwear
Hairbrush
Passports and tickets
Purse (hopefully with money in it!!)
Pair of shorts
Quite interesting how a few of you take flipflops & hair straighteners in your handluggage, giving me idea's now. :tongue

I might take a few pairs of shoes in my hand luggage & ask daughter to take her straighteners in her hand luggage.. her hair dryer & defuser is really heavy so I'm dreading that going in the case and piling on the weight :que

CourtneeLouise xx
Tickets, passport, money.
Magazine.
E-book.
Sweets.
Gaviscon.
DS.
Lipstick.
iphone and headphones.
passports
tickets
money
books (puzzle and reeading)
pen for said puzzles
ipod
phone
sungllasses
water
sweets & crisps
hair straighteners if luggagge a bit close to limit
sons medication
camera
Wow how much weight are some of you taking :)
Dresses, hairdryers, straighteners :O. I hate carting stuff around I don't have to.
So glad i have read this post , need to take hair straighteners this year and would have put in hold luggage rather than hand luggage

Purse
books
mp3 player
sweets
flip flops
wet wipes
and a couple of handbags
Just be aware that quite a few airlines are cottoning onto the fact that people are taking more and more stuff in their hand luggage and are weighing it now too!
Oh, and some (especially the budget airlines) are very strict about you only taking one item of hand luggage - we've seen people trying to cram handbags, laptop bags, etc, all into the one bag to comply with the rules!
My hand luggage is always under the 5k limit - in fact I am quite obsessed about none of my luggage being overweight (one more stress I don't need) :duh
It makes me laugh, some people get charged for being 1KG over but on our flight last time a lady had a handbag, a backpack AND a mini suitcase as handluggage, we got talking and she told me inside her mini suitcase was about 9 pairs of shoes and some clothes. Nobody stopped her for having 3 bags as handluggage, maybe I'm just unlucky :que

blondiescot, good job you told me their weighing now, going to have to be a bit more aware of what I'm chucking into my handluggage :duh

HappyHols :sun2
CourtneeLouise xx
mine consists of
all the clothes/shoes i am taking
some books
some presents
spare earphones
chargers
etc
total weight for up to 10 days -7kg
i have my passport and ticket in one shirt pocket and mp3 and ciggies in the other. wallet has money and bank cards.
book in back pocket of my jeans.
thats it. :que
Crikey! :yikes I envy you jimd-f!!!! I wish I could do that!!!!

CourtneeLouise x
CourtneeLouise wrote:

blondiescot, good job you told me their weighing now, going to have to be a bit more aware of what I'm chucking into my handluggage :duh

It depends though on the airline, Easyjet don't have a weight limit on their hand luggage though you are only allowed one bag. BA have a very generous weight allowance for their hand luggage, 23 kg I believe, though I think it would be difficult to get that much luggage into the small cabin sized case, you can take a handbag or laptop as well as a cabin bag. Lufthansa also allow a handbag/laptop bag as well as a cabin bag. Some other international scheduled airlines also allow two hand luggage bags.

I always travel light so don't have any problems but apart from the normal small sized toiletries, ebook,etc. I always carry a change of underwear in my hand baggage because so many pieces of luggage go astray these days.
Judith as we aren't flying from our local airport this year we are trying, TRYING to travel light too never really thought about taking undies in my hand luggage before but last year my nieces luggage went missing (going to paphos, germany, cardiff, manchester and back to Cyprus!!!) and I realised how difficult it is to live without clothes!!! Just hope the security cameras doesn't focus on them ha ha ha

CourtneeLouise xx
CourtneeLouise wrote:
Judith as we aren't flying from our local airport this year we are trying, TRYING to travel light too never really thought about taking undies in my hand luggage before but last year my nieces luggage went missing (going to paphos, germany, cardiff, manchester and back to Cyprus!!!) and I realised how difficult it is to live without clothes!!! Just hope the security cameras doesn't focus on them ha ha ha

CourtneeLouise xx

It can be embarassing when the security people choose your bag to rifle through and out comes your frilly knickers, I guess they have seen it all before though. :rofl
We travelled with Thomas Cook and they werent weighing hand luggage. Even my daughter had a ruck sack (albeit a small one) crammed with all of her bits including a pair of flip flops.

prawn wrote:
My hand luggage is always under the 5k limit - in fact I am quite obsessed about none of my luggage being overweight (one more stress I don't need) :duh

Im exactly the same. I weighed all my cases and bags before we went and I had 5kg of hand luggage spare (with a spare bag within my bag just in case) and 3kg of hold luggage spare. Its one of my big paranoias and dont settle until ive seen the weight and the cases are off!
I notice that at least 3 people were putting bottles of water in - presumably that's after going through security!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.