Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Just returned from Ixia ( June 02 ) . Great location loved every minute.

Stayed in Miramare complex on Beach.

Avoid Alexandros :evil: restaurant on strip, wouldn't feed the dog there.

Best restaurant by miles in Ixia is Dimitrios :D , great welcome, friendly people, Great food, Great Prices. Kids love it. Wife fancies waiter with small arse.
OOHH!!! :D :D :D
Its only 3 weeks on Wednesday till we set off for Rhodes. :sun
I can't wait!!
We are booked for the Nathalie in Ixia but might have a night or two in Lindos to visit some friends who are staying there the same time as us.
Any tips on Ixia ,Rhodes Town or Lindos would be appreciated!

To K
Are you still working at the Nathalie ?? :?:
Cheers
Dot
Hi dotchas!

I spent alot of time in Ixia but 94/95 so i can't give any up to date recommendationds on restaurants, bars, etc as many will have come and gone in that time. Caballero Bar was always v popular and from reviews i've read it looks like it still is (from your hotel, walk down to the main road and turn right). Neighbouring Trianda is also in walking distance (about 20 mins), just turn left when you get down to the main road. Buses to Rhodes Town or other west coast villages/sites are cheap and reliable, again just walk down to the main coast road. If you want a taxi it's cheaper to flag one down, if your hotel phones for one there is a call out charge.

Any boat trips book for yourself in Mandraki Harbour, it's much cheaper than through a rep/tour operator. It might be nice to take the trip to Lindos by boat if you're staying over. The cruise is pleasant but doesn't give you much time to explore, of course this isn't a problem if you're staying over. They're not over keen on renting a room for just 1-2 nights but as it's not peak season you should easily find somewhere.

You're in an ideal spot for visiting Rhodes Town and you can spend hours wandering around the streets of the Old Town. There are some great restaurants in Rhodes Town but you will pay a premium if you decide to eat in the Old Town or Harbour (paying for the view too i guess). The best restaurant in Rhodes Town (for a treat) is The Old Story, it's not in the prettiest part of town but you know how good a place is when it's packed with locals everytime you visit! Not sure how old you are from your posts but if you want nightlife head for Orfandinou Street, it's the busiest bar street in Rhodes. For more of a chilled out drink in Rhodes Town visit Blue Lagoon which is a sort of carribbean/pirate themed bar - it's open air so nice in the daytime or on a warm night.

Hope this helps, anymore feel free to ask :D
Hi Marcuschap,
Thanks for the great tips on Rhodes I will certainly look for The Old Story it sounds fab.
Being early 40s (hate to admit that) we will give the nightclub a miss, but the Blue Lagoon sounds great. I really can't wait, its seems so long since we booked it ,but here it is at last, just over 3 weeks to go.
Our friends know lots of locals in Lindos so will try to get us a room for a couple of nights.
We have been to many other Greek Islands but this is our first time to Rhodes . I haven't read anything but praise so we are really looking forward to it.
Thanks to everyone for all the info! :D :D :D
Hi Marcus thinking of booking Akti in lxia....do u know much about this hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.