Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Crispy, we must be exact opposites! My worst holiday was in Marmaris - only been there once and yet have holidayed in Gumbet umpteen times (and have now bought a house there).
I must agree with crispy we stayed there also and underground cave sums it up pefectly,plus the smell in our room was so bad we hired a car and went to icmeler for 3 days.
Gumbet Jakki,I think everyone knows that you bought a house there,you mention it in nearly every post you write on Gumbet!.
Crispy,I don't think there is any need to be rude!

Yes Gumbet Jakki does mention she has a house in Gumbet and offers LOADS of advice to people wanting to know about Gumbet and the Bodrum penisular. There really isn't any need for that kind of reply to her helpful posts!

Denny
Surely it is an advantage that Gumbet Jakki has a house there, she is well able to give out good advice on that area(which she regularly does).
Cheers people! Crispy, the reason I mention having a house there is that I hope it shows that I know the area pretty well (off the beaten track as well as the more touristy areas) and hopefully I can help people to enjoy Gumbet and the Bodrum peninsula as much as I do. We spend loads of time there so I feel that I know the area somewhat better than someone who has maybe only spent a couple of weeks there on holiday and maybe didn't get a real feel for the area. I have met some people who have holidayed in Gumbet and yet never ventured far from there hotel and didn't get to see much of area.

Sorry if I offended you Crispy - I'm not boasting, merely trying to help!!

JAKKI xx
I have stayed at Siesta Beach a few times and I know the studios are a bit cavelike - although ours wasn't anywhere near as bad as those described by Crispy and rwb - but the apartments are lovely; clean spacious and comfortable. I think they should spend a bit of money doing up the studios as it really lets down the rest of the place.
Your right Kedi,they should spend some money and do the studios up,we stayed there 3 years ago,and still people are writing bad reviews about them,but as you say some of the apartments are really nice,we walked up the steps to the top pool one day and somebody had their door open and the apartment was lovely!!couldnt believe they would put people like us in a cave,our room was below the turkish bath,it had a tin tray riveted on the ceiling with a pipe leading to it!!.The 2 pools were lovely on the complex.
Only been once so far (staying in the residential area of Icmeler) so I can truthfully say I have never had a bad holiday in Turkey ;)

However, I am glad I read this thread - we are looking at holidays for next year and have considered Gumbet, Hisaronu and Side. After reading this thread Hisaronu is out!! :)

Dave
Only had one bad holiday in Turkey.
2 weeks staying at the Blue rainbow in Icemeler.
had booked for Turgetries but hotel closed down at last minute and so picked the Blue rainbow as an alternative.
Hotel itself was fine as was the resort, but the position of the hotel couldn't have been wore as far as noise late at night/ early morning was concerened .
Before anyone tells me that noise is not allowed after 11.00, forgive me........it is.
Wow some interesting stories here! :cheers it all helps peeps decide on where to go.

Crispy mate, chill man! you're probably needing some sunshine like all of us! :que Jakki Gumbet is just trying to help and is prob excited about her new home, i'm the same when i'm excited. Its really cheap to buy a holiday home in turkey, specially gumbet so it's not like she's bragging and saying she's bought a mansion in Barbados mate! Chill out man :cheers and take her advice, that's the reason we are all here to get advice and info from those in the know.
gb
A mansion in Barbados - I wish. Not really 'cos I couldn't manage that long a flight. Nah, Gumbet will do for me. Thanks for your kind words groovybaby.

Jak xx
No probs Jakki. :tup You always get the odd person who gets humpy about other peeps homes cars holidays........... :que Your just excited gal, enjoy it. :cheers loads of brits have holiday homes or retire to turkey these days so its not like its unusual! my mate bought a villa in turkey 2 years ago and his neighbours were really catty about it. I think its sour grapes.
gb
Holiday village turkey im afraid.Although it wasnt that bad ,just that it was our worst holiday in Turkey
groovybaby,its certainly not sour grapes,I have homes,cars and holidays. :cheers but yes I do need another holiday :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.