Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I seldom get any bites though a friend of mine suffers badly.I always take vitamin B tablets for 2 weeks before I go and whilst I am there.Another friend who has suffered in the past has a remedy that seems to have worked, I'll e-mail her for the name and post on here as soon as I find out.She always takes it out with her and re-applies it during the evening. The little blighters love ankles and feet if the rest of you is covered. I'd also recommend a machine in the room. Will e-mail my friend now and get back to you. Anne
thanks anne, i would appreciate that very much

Lynne
We went to Ialyssos in August last year and we saw 1 mozzie in the whole week.....and it was trying to do the backstroke in the big pool but failed and drowned :)
I had my worst time ever with mozzies in Rhodes. Since that episode I discovered Jungle Formula repellant (buy it here), apply it before dusk, and have massively less problem with getting bitten. I also buy some knock-down spray from a local store, and spray my room before I go out in the evening, and leave it shut up until I return. I buy the coils when I am there, and burn them on balconies to keep the mossies away. The combination of these things really does seem to help big time.
the only time I ever found any wildlife in Greece was on Crete....... but the wife would not let me bring her home :rofl

to be serious not been to Rhdos yet, but on the other islands we have only encounters Mozes at the end of sept and throughout October, when bitten the OH looks like a relief map of the Himalayas and all I get is little red marks
I take Garlic tabs for 2 weeks before we go, i don't know how effective it is or if i have natural immunity but i still take them

wizard
Hi Llindy. No mozzies here in wet Welsh Wales at present!! My friend uses Expedition 100 made by Lifemarque Ltd. She gets it from an outdoor/camping type shop but says it's also available on-line. Hope that helps. Anne
As Phoebe said, Jungle Formula is the best we've used. We first used it in Kenya, it worked very well, but didn't half stink. Nowerdays, I'm glad to say there is now no smell at all. Also use your room plug ins for when your asleep.
Our worst experience of the little blighters was 2 years ago in Corfu - they were buzzing around during daylight, which is unusual.
Thanks all for your replies, think i will give the jungle formula a try.
Anne i must be in the dry part of Wales, as we haven't had much rain lately , dare i speak too soon :whoops
All dry here too today. The snow didn't settle over the weekend either so all good. Forecast is for more rain though :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.