General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi we went to Turkey last year,23rd October and the weather was not that good,I complimented a lady on her tan a couple of weeks later and guess where she'd been, Turkey the week after us, and had glorious sunshine.T.
A bit hit and miss I suppose. My Mom once went to Malta in November and it was in the 90's for the whole two weeks!
Been to benidorm in october - which was red hot, - hotter than tenerife in august!!!(although this can vary from year to year), ibiza still hot in october (was last year), gran canaria scortching!! corfu (was quite cold in october)-

Belly
I have been in Turkey in October many times and it has always been beautiful weather, although it can get quiet chilly in the evenings. We went to the Canary Islands a couple of years ago in July and the weather was not good then, it was far nicer all the times I have been in Turkey in October!
Been to costa del sol late october before and the weather was cracking the flags, warm at night too.
How about one of the Red Sea resorts in Egypt or Cyprus :)
Thanks everyone for your replies. Its much appreciated.

I guess it could be hit and miss anywhere. Ive been to Turkey in July which, to be honest, was too hot. I love Turkey, though, and would love to take my partner there who has never been. It would be such a disappointment if we went and it wasn't good weather. Then I will wish I went to Fuertenventura!!!

Hmmm, decisions, decisions :rofl

jennyt :)
Of all the destinations mentioned Egypt is very unlikely to be hit or miss.....you should be looking at sunny and in the 30's.

Lisa
x
Hi
We went to Fureteventura end of October last year and had a lovely week, the locals did say it was hotter than usual for the time of year. It was in the 80s. I think it is okay for most of the year just can be a bit breezey
We have also been to Portugal,Cyprus and Gran Canaria similar time, weather was great on all the holidays.
M
Hi jennyt,

You can a get rough comparison on the Trip Planner at Wunderground. Just enter your possible destination and dates in the box on the right hand side and up comes a summary based on the stats from 1996 to the present. Unfortunately you can only do one place at a time.
We were in the Algarve last October weather was great. :sun2 Have also been in the canaries at that time of the year,great weather too. :sun2
Been to gran canaria in October half term and in the 30s. Also been to costa del sol a few times and weather quite changeable. Although last year had a full week of sunshine in the late 20s and swimming in the sea every day but just can't rely on it. This October will are trying Tenerife which I have been told will be in high 20s to 30s. Heres hoping.
We went to Gumbet last October and had great weather every day bar one. It rained torrentially through the night on one occasion but all cleared up by the morning. The days are shorter for sure and it can cool down rapidly at night but we're heading back for exactly the same week this year :tup

The Canaries should still be very warm, I've been to Lanzarote in October and had a glorious week, no cloud, no rain.
Thank you heaps for all your replies :tup

Me being me, still hasn't decided ;) Looking more like Turkey at the moment as Ive found quite cheap flights/hotels and some have water slides so will keep my teenagers amused while we hibernate :sun2

Thanks again, it is appreciated

jennyt
Can I chuck my 2p in please..I have done Egypt in October..you are guaranteed warmth..and I have also done both Lanza and Gran Can in October. Lanza was ok but Gran Can was very warm.
I would go with Egypt too . Plenty of hotel's with waterslides and guaranteed sun/heat. :tup
We are big Turkey fans but love a week in Egypt too around Easter . Sharm el sheikh is the obvious choice but there are other resort options too.
Thanks you two for your replies.

I have looked at Eygpt and, whilst I am not against the idea at all, the prices are alot higher. Flights to Egypt are £400-£500 whereas I have found flights to Turkey for £619.00 for the four of us which includes luggage.

Myself and my partner have already been to Goa in January, so I am looking to keep the costs down a bit in October. I appreciate, tho, the weather may be better in Egypt than Turkey. I can't win !!

Thank you for taking the time to reply :tup
Hi jenny
Just incase it's of any help - Thomas Cook have some free child places going to Turkey 20th Oct.
There's some good AI prices available. Sorry just realised they are teenagers!!
Thanks cazB.Yes they are teenagers. They should introduce holidays for free teenagers :D

Booked my flights to Turkey yesterday. £619.00 for the four us from Stansted to Dalaman including luggage. I think we are going to stay at the Orka Club & Villas in Ovacik but haven't booked that as yet. The reason I booked my flights so early was that I looked on easyjet for flights for my daughter in July last Saturday and by Monday they had gone up £100.00 :yikes Didnt want to take that chance and have to times it by four!!

Thanks again for all your help and advice. Just got to sit and tum te tum til 20th October ...... ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.