Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
SadButTrue,

It all comes down to budget and what you want to do when you are there really. Each of the Caribbean Islands offers something different. I've been to 7 of the Islands and love the tropicalness of St Lucia while the beaches are Antigua are just perfect. Cuba is a must culturally but probably not for a 12 year old. Dom Rep is a lovely as you know. Have a think about the sorts of things you like to do, eg shoping, whale watching, watersports, beaches, culture, history, jungle adventures etc and priorities the sorts of things you want most so we can steer you in the right direction.

Darren
Of the five Caribbean destinations I've done, I'd briefly say..

Antigua - great beaches, lovely island and one of the closest to the UK , but not a lot to see & do.

Barbados - Has everything really, lovely people, nice beaches, good range of hotels, things to see and do, very civilised.

Jamaica - Has the most to see and do of any island (IMHO), great range of hotels and better value than the eastern Caribbean, but does have a slight "edge" to it. Caribbean central for me though.

Mexico (Riviera Maya) - Superb hotels (Iberostar/Riu etc) with excellent facilities for reasonable money, lots to see and do, but a long flight as you fly over the rest of the Caribbean.

St Lucia - terrific scenery (Pitons are unique), fair few sights, but long bumpy transfer to most hotels from the airport.
Thanks for the info ........

After a bit of thought .....I think it might be a good idea to leave booking another holiday/vacation :sun2 till we come back from Punta Cana next month....that way by then I'm sure we will have had many conversations with well traveled people.....

Cheers Steve.................................................................. :cheers
Why not do a cruise, that way you can visit a number of different Islands, pick the right cruise and your 12 tear old will also enjiy themselves as they have great childrens entertainment
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.