Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Have a look at the Weather Underground site- you can research the weather history of any island in the Caribbean. They basically have hot weather all year round, in the 80's but only have two seasons, the wet and the dry. You are still in the dry. The further into summer you get the more humidity increases, then storms pop up and it pours with rain at the end of the afternoon, but showers are usually short lived.
End of May/Beginning of June is the start of the rainy season in the Caribbean, with July - Sept the worst months from my experience. St Lucia is one of the wetter islands, but Barbados is the one the driest - it's situated that little bit further east. We went to Barbados in Sept and still had great weather.

Lisa xx
Cuba is wondeful that time of year but you cant fly from USA
I would look at Barbados. I think that would be your best chance. You will get rain most days but if you put your dates into Trip planned in weather underground and look at individual days, more often then not the showers will be short. We were there this year in July, which has double the rainfall and had one full rainy day and one write off of an afternoon. But then its not a disaster- just find a beach shack and try the Mount Gay rum :D edit- its not rain by the way- its liquid sunshine :sun2
Been to the caribbean (Tobago, St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua) for the last six years in May (always the first two weeks) and never had a 'rainy' holiday. On two occasions we have had one full day of rain (we call them GPU days) but other times just the odd shower of liquid sunshine.
Same here have always travelled to the Caribbean the first two weeks of May, if we have had any showers they have always been late afternoon, and did'nt last for long. We were usually in the bar by then having a drink after a day on the beach or exploring.

Angie.
Aruba, amazing island nothing like the rest of the carribean islands and easy to get to from the USA and UK with connections from Miami
Went to the Dom Rep 2ND AND 3RD week of May 2009 rain most days not just showers prolonged very heavy periods which made it a wash out. That said people said this was unusual and the first week of May was good. However for this reason would not opt for Dom Rep in May again. This really was all day rain could havetaken heavy showers in short bursts.
Hi, we went to jamaica this may, around the 3rd week, and for the first 3 days you could set your watch by 3 o'clock for a massive downpour, however, this only last for about 20 minutes, then glorious ! The rest of the fortnight was wall to wall sunshine, but I was told they'd had a wet april.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.