Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi & Welcome to Holidaytruths. From which airports would you be able to fly, as not all airports fly to every Island?
hello! thanks for the reply. We would be flying from Newcastle :)
From Newcastle your choices are a bit limited

Skiathos [sporadic islands]
Kirkira [Corfu] [Ionian islands]
Zakynthos [Zante] [Ionian islands]
Kritty [Crete] [southern Dodecanese]
Rhodos [Rodes] [southern Dodecanese]
Kos [central Dodecanese]

to start with take a skit through the Resort reports

yasus
wizard
hi, my suggestion would be lindos/Rhodes. It's post-card pretty, has a number of great beaches in the village and more a short bus or car ride away. Many bars (not sure about clubs but others will know) and plenty of day trips (water park, other islands etc etc) available to book from the village or achievable under your own steam.
better than that would be pefkos,only 5 minutes down the road from Lindos but a more of a 'resort' layout than an old cobbled town like Lindos,and cheaper too with a better beach,there's a good few bars there of all types from cafe bars full of locals to more modern disco bars and there's a couple of places that double as clubs(eclipse and pefkos by night), the beach is fantastic,all the restaurants are pretty high standard but cheap and there's plenty of transport to the sights,other resorts etc and a good few options for boat trips,every time we go down there for the day/night we see plenty of groups your sort of age,we're workers in faliraki and we like to go down there to still have a good night out among younger people but also get away from the lairiness we're surrounded by in peak season.

Also Rhodes is an amazing island,wouldn't bother with Skiathos as nightlife for younger people is very limited,Kos has Kardemena but that's an 18-30 resort,elsewhere in the island is quiet,Corfu has Sidari in the north,similar to pefkos but with more family entertainment bars with tribute bands and similar and Crete has so many resorts of all kind being such a huge island that you'll be better off looking in the Crete section of this board,but from experience i'd avoid Agios Nikolaos,and Malia is the biggest 18-30 place going,but west Crete has some lovely places,west of Chania,Rethymnon is a really good resort for nightlife.

Wizard,it's not Rhodos/Rodes mate,it's Rodos/Rhodes,and no idea where Kritty is but i have heard there's an island called Kriti,and as for kirkira :yikes .....not that i'm pedantic
Wizard,it's not Rhodos/Rodes mate,it's Rodos/Rhodes,and no idea where Kritty is but i have heard there's an island called Kriti,and as for kirkira .....not that i'm pedantic

:D
Rhodes (Rhodos or Rodos in Greek)
http://www.rodosisland.gr/en/index.asp

Kérkyra: Kérkira: kirkira.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/photogalleries/heritage-sites/photo4.html

Anyone for Dorada, Dourada or Daurada...Cataluña, Catalunya or Catalonia.? :rofl

Sanji
he's trying type it in greek sanji and we've discussed similar things previously so it's a bit of a private joke,not that i imagine wizard will remember,and i should know the name of the island i've lived on for getting on a decade mate,but thanks for sticking your oar in and going to such lengths to prove me wrong after taking exception to me disagreeing with you over the threat romanians pose to the good people that visit Benidorm,perhaps you could also give us a lesson in the legal statutes and codes in the Greek islands in relation to street crime,prostitution and other such rare visible offences :tup
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41PbXo4ZsJL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Sorry i couldn't do better,truth be told i can't be bothered :wave:
I thought it was quite amusing actually. never mind.
not really mate,we live and learn,admin can you please delete the last 2 posts but leave the thread up,and if needs be edit my post on resorts etc to not include the part about spelling,the OP won't find it that helpful i suppose
,Kos has Kardemena but that's an 18-30 resort

ouch that hurt...
i cant remember being 30 let alone 18 :cry
and in 8 days time we on on our biannual trip to Kardemena :tup :sun2 :cheers

wizard
We had a family holiday in Kardamena and everybody loved it. There was about 14 of us and ages ranged from 1 - 60 :tup
I agree there's more to KD than that but the OP seems to want to avoid the '18-30' brigade totally,believe me i've tried til im blue in the face to convince people faliraki isn't a purely drunken lunatic asylum but i've more or less given up!

Wizard,is there still a bar on that little square in KD called the stone roses,with a DJ who wears glasses and looks like Bez from the happy mondays? i remember they used to have speaker cable strung up across the square to the bar opposite so they both were blaring out the same wicked early 90's indie tunes,was excellent,well until midnight seeing as the police station was right opposite aswell!

There was a club called the Zoo or something,all zebra stripes?
not the sort of place i frequent,[im a 50/60's and jazz music] man but if i remember i will take a look when we go
Let your hair down and join the 18 year olds,you're as old as you feel!

:tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.