Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Don't think there are any in the Algarve ..... but if anyone knows different, please let us know
because then we could save a lot of money and time searching.
The Auramar in Albufeira (15 minutes walk from old town) is right above the beach and does all inclusive but people i know who stayed there not worth it. All inclusive stops at11pm and you get second class service.

On the other hand, the Riu group does all inclusive at its hotels in Olhos D'Agua which get good reviews. The beach is down below, 150 steps back up afterwards.

Check out their website http://www.riu.com

The Balaia Atlantico near Albufeira is also all inclusive but only because it is two miles from anywhere, the beach included.

Seriously, you rarely save money on all inclusive unless you never leave the hotel grounds. Self catering is by the most popular option here as you can choose from dozens and dozens of places to eat (from McDonalds upwards) and hundreds of bars.
Thanks I pretty much thought so just thought be easier with 2 12yr olds in tow....will have a mooch around see what else i can find.
Not sure but I think the Paraiso de Albuferia is AI as I investigated going there with my kids once, not sure how near it is to the beach though. Ended up going to Lagos in an apartment instead.

Also First choice has got one of their Holiday Villages in the Algarve as well (not sure what resort) which would probably be great for kids the age of yours. Think if you need AI you may have to compromise on how close to the beach you are.

On the plus side the Algarve is only a couple of hours on a plane from the UK and when you do finally go down to the beaches they are probably some of the best in Europe all lovely sand and not the kind of mixed gritty sand & shingle beaches you get in Greece or Turkey.

Most AI's will run shuttle buses down to the beaches and the supermarkets are fairly cheap if you don't buy imports so you could forgo your AI lunch and just have a picnic on the beach making a day of it.
Thanks for the info..after all that we're off to santa ponsa instead..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.