Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I think you should probably try Playa Blanca as it's generally reckoned to be the nicest resort and has a large choice of 4 star and above hotels. The prom is a really nice walk with the Rubicon marina to the east and the harbour and many bars and restaurants to the west.

We stayed at the Lanzarote Princess at Christmas and had a good time for a very good price, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it until the refurb is all done. We did call in at the Melia Volcan which looked very nice and it's right by the marina and also the Natura Palace looked great, though it is at the far west of the resort.
Timanfaya Palace is now adults only, so may suit.

Be aware that Lanzarote hotels have very cold pools though, some eco ruling that they can only be heated to a certain temperature.
I agree on Playa Blanca, very nice resort with many very nice 4/5* hotels, two good beaches, lots of good restaurants and bars and a few good shops. However, depends when you are planning to go, PB can be very quiet over the winter, apart from the Xmas season. If summer then no problem, if winter then consider Puerto Del Carmen, but look for near the harbour area.
Playa Blanca gets my vote too. There is only one adult only hotel and that is the Timanfaya Palace. If the budget will stretch to it look at the Princesa Yaiza - best hotel on the island. Fantastic location. You will find children at all the non adult only hotels though. Obviously numbers will depend on when you go. I've stayed at the Lanzarote Princess numerous times, but not for a couple of years, and have also stayed at the Hesperia Playa Dorada. Both in good locations, but nowhere near the standard of the Yaiza.
Many thanks for your replies!

Our original party has now change to 3 female adults and we are staying for one week over the whitsun halfterm. After reading
many reviews and considering prices we have decided to go for the Lanzorote Princess with Jet 2. This was mainly because we got a good price and the reviews were more good than bad. I shall be emailing the hotel before we go and asking for a refurbished room which I hope we will get.
Thanks again for the replies.

Marie :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.