Royal Park Hotel

1 of 3 hotels in Elenite

3 out of 5 from 249 reviews
k.k. Elenite, 8259, Bulgaria
To be completed for Summer 2004, and set in the family-friendly resort of Elenite, this promises to be an excellent choice for a relaxing family beach holiday. Guests have full access to all the facilities of the neighbouring Elenite Holiday Village.

249 Reviews

• Good

• Entertainment
  • Food
  • Location
Sam
9 years 11 months ago
Like many others I considered cancelling this holiday too. I am so thankful that I didn't, we had a wonderful time.

I think people need to put things into perspective here, here's just a few points

WASPS - Is that the hotels fault? Yes there are wasps, if you leave fizzy drinks unattended of course you're going to attract them. The hotel had the area fumigated whilst we were there and our party of 6 were never stung once.
STAFF - A smile goes a long way, give them a smile and they will smile back quite happily. The maids were visibally shocked when we held doors open for them etc.

FOOD - This is Bulgaria, not Blackpool. Typical menu was Breakfast - bacon, sausage, eggs, pancake, bread, rolls, cold meat, eggs, cornflakes, cake and pastries, fruit. LUNCH & DINNER - chips, onion rings, fish dish, chicken dish, Veal dish pasta, rice, spaghetti, pizza, sausage, nuggets, salad, cold meats, lovely fresh bread, cheeses, cakes to die for and fruit in abundance. The ONLY thing that ruined the mealtimes were the damn greedy people that pushed into queues, ran into the restaurant when the doors were opened, piled the plates sky high, leaving half of it on the table, and filling bags with fruit!! People were grabbing whole bunches of bananas - I've never seen anything like it, and I hate to say it but most of them were Brittish.

KIDS CLUB - fantastic staff, my 8yr olds had an amazing time. they had a birthday while we were there and Happy Hannah made sure they had a great time.

REPS - Worked thereselves into the ground, a fab bunch of boys and girls. Well done guys.

POOLS - Why are you moaning that the water is cold? If you want warm water, have a bath!! The weather is hot hot hot, the water was perfectly refreshing!

BEACH - Like everywhere else with free sunbeds, you gotta get up early to beat the towells!!! But the beach was spotless and the water was quite shallow. Lifeguards too all down the beach.

ROOMS - To be honest, a little dated but oh so clean and spacious! Yes, some repairs were needed, but report them and they will be sorted. I accidently broke the shower, went to reception to report it and 2 maintenance men were at my room within minutes.

MOANERS - sorry, but watch out for the moaners, because they are everywhere, heres a few examples. The welsh woman overheard complaining to a rep that 2 flies were in her room, the coke that was too fizzy and the grapes that were too small!!! For heavens sake!!

My advice is too kick off your shoes, grab a drink, ignore the moaners and relax. the Royal Park is a lovely hotel and if you go in a positive frame of mind I'm sure you'll have a fab time. Go in a negative frame of mind, then you need to go sit in the corner with the other moaners!

I hope this honest report has been useful, and if you're going then have a fab fab time x

10 years ago
just arrived back from royal park and heard all the fuss from tv and papers,some points i'd like to make-
1 the hotel was to close to the beach
2 the beach had to much sand on it
3 the sea was to cold
4 the hotel had to much going on for the kids
5 to many people enjoying themselves
6 beer was to cold
7 there are glass pint glasses not small plastic cups in the bar for your beer
8 staff were to helpful,on my birthday they even made me a cake which was to nice.
9 rooms were cleaned to often

as you can see me and my family enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning next year,some people have gone to this hotel and looked for problems to complain about,just relax and enjoy your stay,we did!!

10 years ago
Arrived back a couple of days ago am missing the weather and that is all!!

There are too many faults to list but here are a few: staff rude, power cuts, too many people, EXPENSIVE, middle of nowhere, pools dirty, awful cold food.

Can't believe you save up all year for this.

Parkinson
10 years ago
Just thought i would let everyone know, as i am one of the fussiest people i know, that we thought the hotel was ok. The cleanliness is quite impressive, we arrived at three in the morning to be greeted by 2 maids sweeping and mopping the reception area and terrace outside, we later saw that they proceeded to do this throuougt the day and our room maid was great we got clean sheets and towels each day.

The food is ok but not great, as someone who has been all inclusive before this was not the worst place i have eaten.

The location for us was poor as we are quite a active family and there is nothing around the hotel within a reasonable walking distance.

There were lots of complaints about hotel staff attitude, they did appear to be very ignorant but most of the general staff other thatn reception spoke very little english if any.

Entertainment for kids is great, the kids club operate most days 3 times a day for a few hours, however the adult entertainment is poor. Beware at the private beach bar where a lot of the evening entertainment is held, it is payable and quite expensive about 3 quid for small beer and 6 for a cocktail you will pay about 1 for a large beer and 2.50 for cocktail in sunny beach. The hotel is set in a very secure enviroment with a gated main entrance and security 24 hours a day.

10 years ago
Just got back and have to say on the whole the holiday was ok.

The hotel its self was ok the reception area is outstanding, the rest of the hotel however is starting to show its age, general wear and tear but no real problems pretty clean (however the public toilets are a mess and no locks!!!!!).

FOOD,.. its true unfortunatly food in the main restaurant is in the majority in-edible, uncooked,cold,pink chicken, food named"chicken innards" or "a kind of paste product"???!!!)flies over uncovered food and mould on the cakes so do check. Breakfast is the only meal that you can eat without fear of poisioning but after 5 days of eggs,bacon,sausage it becomes a bit boring and to cook a peice of toast takes 15-20 mins!!

LUNCH- best avoided.

DINNER- have to be honest you will struggle to find a meal worth eating every day of your stay, we lasted 4 days before venturing out, ANYONE who says the food is good (or what you should expect from all inclusive) is talking utter rubbish or they really must eat complete crap at home!! sorry but for your money you expect better, if you eat there for your entire stay at least one of you will get ill and in the surgery there, you will queue with others as the docs put you on a drip, and if they offer you a trip to the local"facility" try to resist. It looks like a bomb has hit it!!! In the day there are hotdogs (ok), kebaps(avoid),Paninis(to locate them go to the ice cream parlour (about 500 yards away upstairs) at 11.30, they are only there for an hour each day so order as many as you can carry as they are ok)pizza(ok)there is the bar-b-cue which is ok to eat just check.

There are 3 other returants that you can go to (Sunshine,only open at 10pm, food looks great unfortunatly chicken pink kitchen closed half way through dinner??. Sozopol, Bulgarian menu, choose only the Soups, Chicken and 3 bean and for the main only the "kavama pot, really nice but every thing else on the menu is horrible and any one who sat there said the same thing!! Talyana never had the pleasure of eating there so pot luck really)

Unfortunatly to access these you will have to firstly queue at 9 o clock each morning & if you are further than the 15th person in the queue you will not get in!!! That is a promise, secondly try and stand as close to the desk where they take the bookings as people will just push in at the last minute. P.s there are no snacks of any description (except in the shop outside) any whwere after the resturant closes not even a packet of crisps anywhere!!!!.

OK here is your lifeline, there is Pakos bar outside the complex about 200 yrds to the left of the main gate, open from 4pm the atmosphere is really good local beer is 2 levs big bottles of Becks 2.50 lev so cheap, food is hit and miss hotdog really good burger horrid but its open till 4am and gets lively. Worth a visit but be prepared when yo first see it as it relly is just a wooden shack that looks ready for demolition!!!! BUT THIS MAY BE THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT, the reps do not eat in the resturant despite them saying they do. If you head to Pakos outside there, just on the left is a small turning as you enter it go right through thre barrier and then left down the slope and follow round to the left past the pools and lo and behold not one but 3 resturants!!!!! One in each corner and in the swimming pool a giant wooden boat with a resturant on!!! The two corner ones are good food and cheap prices so rather than waste money going to sunny beach these will see you through but keep your reciepts, you will even see the reps there.

Hi everyone,

Just back from Royal Park last Saturday. We was like all you, very worried about all the reports on this forum and contacted FC to see if we could get a move but got the same response. There is 2 problems with this hotel:

1. The food. It seemed to be cooked ok while we was there and saw on a couple of times staff coming out checking the temp of the food but it was all the same stuff everyday and what was there was not very edible but I suppose you have to remember that your are in Bulgaria so expect different food. Although 1 night there was chicken innards made up into a stew

2. Entertainment. There are 2 main venues for entertainment of an evening, the ampitheartre which alot of the time you have to pay an entrance fee and the animation hall were again, sometimes you have to pay to enter so as a result there are alot of people sat around doing knothing but playing cards of an evening.

We was surprised to here the hotel had been on the tele while we was there because honestly there is no more sickness going on at the hotel than there is at any other hotel in Europe. We had a dodgy tummy for a couple of days but nothing out the norm.

By the end of the 1st week though we had, had enough of the food so was eating out most of the time, Sunny beach is only 10 mins away and only 3 lev each to get there plus pako's is just outside the complex which serves great english food at a good price.

All in all, we had a really good holiday and didn't let the poor food upset us, the hotel is immaculate and all the staff are very nice. The beach and sea are fantastic and if you get the chance go on the VIP cruise and the jeep safari, they are the 2 best trips they do and had a brilliant time on both.

Hope this makes a few of you feel alittle better before you go.

P.S Don't forget to take some playing cards, you will need them!

Mitton
10 years ago
I was really worried about going to this hotel with all the bad reviews but I can honestly say it was fine more than fine it was good. Rooms big and very clean no complaints there. Food was the usual for all inclusive after a while you always get fed up of rice chips and pork. Food through the day was very good piza, hot dogs, kebabs, paninis and all the ice cream you can eat. Drinks very good measures and strong. Staff in the hotel most are very pleasant, our cleaner gave us a present on our last day. The water park kept our kids busy and the beach was lovely. You must go to a little place out side the hotel gates it is a shack called El Paco's the food is lovely and the cocktail are good there is a great atmosphere it is very cheap but good it is a must we went 3 times and had takeaways from there for the kids sometimes. The location is a bus or taxi ride to sunny beach but beware the buses are always full, so taxis are easier. Nessibar is a great place to visit very pretty. In Sunny Beach you can go Go Karting that was great fun. I wouldn't hesitate to go to this hotel again.

Lorraine
10 years ago
On arrival we had some bother with the booking. They appeared to have lost our booking arrangement, but finally found it. The rooms were spotless and we had a particularly nice cleaner. The entertainment was mainly for children aged 10 and under, my 12 year old had to amuse himself but there is a big water slide park round the corner. The food was not as good as other places I have visited and my husband went down with a bad tummy not sure if it was the food. Nights were rather boring as not much entertainment. The beach was lovely and always kept clean and tidy.

Downer
10 years 1 month ago
Food good, hot always something to eat.

hotel is always being cleaned at all times of the day and night.

location is about 15 mins from sunny beach, but situated right on the beach.

Staff friendly if treated properly

First choice entertainment ok, also resident hotel animation team doing different stuff

10 years 1 month ago
Got back from the Royal Park 4 days ago and have to say we had a ball. The hotel is spotless and the staff are hard working and conscientious. The location is quite simply stunning, set on a very clean beach with the hills in the background. Will divide the rest of my review into sections for ease of reading.
1). Food:
Plenty of choice in the main restaurant and never found food to be cold. Plates and cutlery do run out at peak times but are replaced within minutes by staff. Some of the crockery has small chips in it but nothing major. The food may not be to everybody's taste in the main restaurant but there are several pre-bookable ones you can also visit. The Talyana is a lovely barbecue restaurant which we visited 4 times and can be booked between 10-11am on the day you want to eat at it. My absolute favourite though was the Sozepol which serves traditional Bulgarian food.... their chicken soup, tender roast lamb and honey pancakes were superb, they also have traditional dancers on a Monday and Thursday night at 8.30 pm who take all the kids out to dance. Paco's is outside the complex but cheap to eat in, we were getting 4 meals and 4 drinks for under 40 leva or Euro 20 !!! You can get hotdogs,pizzas and chicken kebabs from 10-5pm beside the pool and there is a brilliant coffee shop that serves cappucino's, ice cream, biscuits and panini's. Trust me you will not starve and the alcohol is most certainly not watered down and the measures are humungous!!
2). Staff
The staff at this hotel are the most dilligent I have ever come accross. The place is spotless, someone is always sweeping, wiping tables, collecting glasses etc.The maids are lovely and our linen and towels were changed daily, they even put the kids dolls and teddies in different poses everyday eg in the bed, wearing sunglasses etc and they used to pick the kids up and hug them. The bar staff are friendly and efficient and get to know your order very quickly. If people are treated with respect they react to you in kind, I had only positive interactions with all staff where I used good manners and smiled as did they. I did however witness other guests being incredibly rude and verbally abusive towards staff.

3).Entertainment:
The kids club is fantastic and the girls who work in it are patient, kind and a pleasure to deal with. The club takes 24 kids at any one time as there are only 3 staff, but if you make your way to the academy 20 minutes before the session starts you will generally have a good chance of getting in. My 3 kids went everyday and loved it, sessions are 10-12, 5-7 pm, 9-11pm and some days a party from 2-4pm which you had to pay 15 leva for because they got sweets and had their faces painted etc. The animation hall hosts all kinds of entertainment each night after the mini-disco. There are plenty of bars with quizzes on in or in some cases dance troupes ( strippers really) there was also a firework party on the saturday night. The first choice entertainment team also provide lots of entertainment around the pool during the day. Sunny Beach is only 15 mins and 3 leva on bus/25 leva in a taxi if you fancy getting out and about.

4). Location:
The hotel will take your breath away at first sight if you arrive in the night as we did.... its spectacular. The foyer is something else, really beautiful. Our room was a kids den and it was huge, the air con worked perfectly and we had a fabulous seaview. I went to Nessebar by bus which was very pretty and then on to Sunny Beach which I found very commercialised and was glad to be back in quiet Elenite.There is security guards at every gate of the hotel and nobody without a wrist band can come in, I found this very reassurind as you were not bothered by people trying to sell you stuff on the beach/at the pool. The hotel has 2 pools which were lovely, freezing when you get in but fine after a few minutes. The water park is also brilliant with lots of slides and very little queuing. You have to pay 5 leva for a sunbed at the waterpark and you cannot bring food and drinks in with you. I found the prices a bit steep so we used to leave our stuff with the sunbed and walk the 2 minutes back to the hotel for our lunch. The beach is lovely and very clean, beds are plentiful and free as they are at the pool.

We had a lovely holiday at the Royal Park, met lots of people who were constantly moaning about every thing and they were the only thing that put a dampener on my stay!!! None of us were sick, none of us were starved and none of us had to pay for missing towels. I'm sure there are things I could have found fault with if I put my mind to it, but they were so insignificant at the time and not worth getting worked up about, in other words every hotel in every resort you ever go to will have faults if you go looking for them. If you are a 'glass half-full' type in real life then chances are you will have problems at this hotel. However, if like me you go on hols to unwind and experience other cultures you too will have a ball!!!

Recommended

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum