Butlins Holiday Park

• Food
  • Location
Helene
1 month ago
Stayed in Atlantic section of Butlins. Suitable for small children particularly when trying to get them to sleep. The unit was clean but smelt of cigarettes. There was a punch hole in the corridor wall and the shower holder fell down, fortunately missing the child. We ate out mainly but decided to go to the Coast restaurant Sunday evening as they advertised a roast meal. It became apparent that this restaurant was for people who had paid a package which included breakfast and dinner. One of the chef's uniform was filthy, I was charged £17 per person for the most disgraceful food that has ever been presented. The food was only warm, there was a small roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and no roast vegetables.

(We were there as the doors opened) I tried other food items but found them to be over cooked, unappetising , poor quality food and nothing appeared fresh. The other adults of the party also complained that the salad bar was poor with the coleslaw missing vital ingredients which made it dry and unappetising. The party left the restaurant in disgust and ended up buying food at another venue.

I feel this restaurant should be inspected by the food standard agency and closed down until such time the food offered meets the required standard that everyone should be entitled. Beware your food package is poor standard.
Sharon Adams
Not happy
2 months ago
We have been to butlins bognor many times before with no problem. We stayed In a twin room very clean and conformable the resort was very clean the shows were brilliant that's the positives now let's get to the terrible part, the food was absolutely horrible my daughter and myself both ended up being ill due to the food. There was plenty of choice but it was either cold or didn't look appetising the only good thing in the food court was the coffee

Travel operator: 7583

Hotel tip: We ended up using the chip shop or papa John's which are both on resort

Julie
Can't wait to go back!
6 years 9 months ago
Rooms were of very good standard. Cleaned daily including fresh towels. Staff were quite friendly.
We stayed in self-catering apartment not the hotel.

We had them most amazing time here and everything was brilliant from redcoats to entertainment to accommodation to activities.

I cannot fault it; we went for a long weekend and enjoyed it so much we have booked for a week this time next August. Kids can’t wait - nor can I!
Jadine
7 years 10 months ago
i just got back today from butlins bognor regis and i had a awful miserable holiday and will never go there again. i wish i never had to say that but its true and i wish i had found this site prior to booking because if i had i wouldn't have gone, i'm afraid to say i agree with the majority of commentators, which is a pity as i booked this holiday in December and my children and i were looking forward to it for six months very excitedly only for me to realise within an hour of arrival what a terrible mistake i'd made and the hell i'd have to endure for 7 nights. i found this site because after the relief of returning home tonight i wanted to see if it was just me that felt the way i did or not....oh how i wish i checked out the reviews before...readers take heed.

Upon arrival at the main gate to butlins on may 31st, there was no one there to greet us or tell us where to go, the gate was just open and unattended and i had no idea where to go, i located a bloke in a blue tshirt who directed me verbally to the check in point inside the skyline pavillion.....once inside the noise hit me like i couldn't imagine, like a continuous roar of different sounds all overlapping and i was instantly dismayed by the huge amount of arcade machines, i noticed that the butlins promotional DVD and brochure makes no mention or shows images of those! They cost an absolute fortune and i was totally unprepared for that, obviously i had known there would be additional things to pay for but not to the extent i discovered and the prices are ridiculous,

Travel operator: butlins

Denise
8 years ago
We have just returned from a 3 night break at Butlins. We decided to go "cheap" and book standard accommodation. The cost was

Travel operator: own car

8 years ago
We stayed here over Easter in standard accomodation. The room was average, lots of things missing from the kitchen and sofa bed in lounge terrible. I paid

Travel operator: Booked on internet

Claire Fletcher And Mark Taylor
8 years 8 months ago
We stayed in the brand new Ocean Hotel which had only been open for 10 days.The hotel was beautifully decorated and very contempory.We initially had booked a twin room but on arrival we were upgraded to a double room.The lifts all play disco music and have disco lights in them,so having a little dance in them is inevitable,however there were insufficiant numbers of lifts and we ended up using the stairs to prevent long queing times.
The bedroom was fantastic again there was colour changing lights in the bathroom and above the bed!! the room also contained a mini fridge, tea making facilities, iron and ironing board and hair drier.The towels were changed daily although on one day the room wasn't cleaned despite the please clean me hanger left on the door all day,on phoning reception clean towels were imediatly sent up,and the room was cleaned when we went for tea,a complimentary newspaper was provided daily.
The staff were all helpful and friendly.There was a large variety of options for breakfasts including cereal,full english and fruit,although at peak times 9am onwards again resulted in long queing times!!!
Entertainment was average but ideal for children,we did enjoy the Micheal Jackson tribute,stars of x factor and George Micheal tribute,in between acts was sometimes a 45 minute wait,far to long!!!Drinks in the bars seemed expensive as was the restaurants on site,and be aware many activities are extra and it soon mounts up!!! overall an enjoyable few days away.
Entertainment:

Travel operator: booked directly with Butlins

Jades
8 years 9 months ago
it was thilthy and stank of milldew and dampness

Travel operator: car

Joel
9 years ago
A truly miserable experience.

Firstly, the accommodation wouldn't have looked out of place in a World War II PoW camp. We had booked the Silver Plus accommodation which consisted of two very small leather sofa's and a small TV. We had requested a cot for our baby but was horrified to discover it was covered in grime and dirt. The bathroom was shocking with mildew and mould everywhere. The whole place was just a dump. Do Butlin's not know this is the 21st Century and squalor and deprivation went out with the slum clearances of the 1950's. Obviously not!

Secondly, the whole place just seems so naff. Sure the kids enjoyed some of the entertainment such as Bob the Builder and the swimming but the rest is just rubbish. This Butlins really needs a refurb. The fairground is the same one I remember going to when I was a kid.

Lastly, the food and clientelle. As we were self catering we were spared most of the filth served up to the prisoners, oops sorry I mean holidaymakers! We did venture for breakfast once and wasn't surprized to see substandard, greasy and fattening food on offer, and being consumed in vast quantities by the multitudes of overweight guests (who seem to be the majority at this resort) and tattooed ladies. If they were to drop a bomb on Butlins it would half this countrys welfare budget.

Truly the worst holiday I have ever been on.

Travel operator: Butlins

Chaps
9 years 8 months ago
Average but acceptable. Did not spend much time in our room. Spent most of the time taking advantage of the entertainment. Most of which was free.

Travel operator: Butlins

Recommended

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum