Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
iv'e checked in the day before,would definately do it again,if we were able to. my husband likes a window seat,which we were given,there was no-one else at the check in desk,so no queueing,you get rid of your cases,so it's so much easier,in the morning & as you say,a little longer in bed :)
tracy
We used the First Choice service at Gatwick this year and it was the best £20 we've ever spent. It saved all the queueing at 4.30am with 2 grumpy kids - we just got to the airport an hour before departure and went straight through to the departure lounge. It also meant that I could have my last smoke a lot closer to take-off time!!

I'd recommend it!
Sounds like a fab idea to me :D
Can i just be really thick :oops: here sounds a fantastic idea but do you then pack all your night stuff and toiletries in another case and take as hand luggage?
Good point and also when do they weigh your hand luggage?
Yes it is a good point and the main reason why I have never done it in the past.
Can you only do this on certain airlines?
Yes, MyTravel is definitely one of them.
First Choice only do it from Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham.

We put everything in our cases and only kept things like electrical items and books in our hand luggage. The new rules about liquids in hand luggage mean that you're better off packing your toiletries in your case anyway. I realise that this might cause problems on a long haul flight, but you can buy stuff once you're past passport control.

They didn't weigh our hand luggage (they never have) but they will check the size of the bag if it looks too big. Worth remembering if you have checked in the day before as you won't be able to take stuff out and bung it in your case.

For us it was worth it as we had a very early check-in time, two young kids, and only a 1 hour 45 minute flight. It may not suit everyone.
we were staying in a hotel,near manchester airport,because of the early flight,so we just used their toiletries.because the car was parked,at the hotel for the fortnight,we just put our clothes,we had worn that day,in the boot.no hassle really,would certainly do it again!
ive not heard of this option befor... can anybody tell me roughly what it costs, as im on a 7am flight from newcastle, but will be travelling with 3 kids, so will have to leave home about 3 am, so it would make more sense to stay near the airport the night befor!
With Mytravel you can pre reserve your seats up to 7 days before. You still have to queue to get rid of your bags, but you can check in 90 mins befoe instead of the 3 hours at the moment. Very useful for that 7am flight!
Used this service with First Choice at Manchester in May. It took us 15mins from parking car to check in 6 suitcases 7 people (including 3 children) to leaving car park.! Best £20 we have spent. In morning just went to pick up boarding cards and get tag for baby buggy, At this point departure lounge was full and ( and I mean full!) just strolled through to security. Felt like VIP's Excellent

Regards Denny
We did this last year from Gatwick with Thomsons and I was a bit worried that the cases/case would go missing but all was fine! it made the morning easier and you could get to the airport from the hotel that bit later and easier as you were case-less as all you had to do was go through security etc.

Doing it again in a couple of weeks with MyTravel. They call it twighlight check in and its from something like 4pm - 10pm.

I always pack the cases with half of both of our clothes in each just in case one case goes missing for a day or so, that way you have enough clothes for day time and evening in both cases.

:D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.