General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I usually pack the day before but get the cases down from the loft a few days earlier so I can double check that the bits and bobs stored in them are all okay. Every single year I manage to forget where the case locks are and have to buy some more :rofl
I'd hate the stress of last minute packing- it would make me ill. I have to be organised even if it means having to iron a few things when we get there. Generally most of the creases come out when hung on the bathroom door. I never worry if I've forgotten anything as I have LISTS that cover everything from jewellery/make-up to passports/tickets. I tick everything off as they go in ;)

So far I've only made a list of what I've got left to buy and there's only 3 things on it. I will make the other lists in about 2 weeks.
I think I would get more confused having all those lists :) I hate lists I don't even write a shopping list!
im a bit behind this year usually done most of packing at this time so far ive got the cases down new clothes are still the bags need to get a move on :duh
everything sorted and know what i am taking , going 4 weeks today , so will pack on the wednesday , hubby might have to pack on the tuesday unless he can swap his wednesday shift .
Just about to pack, staying with my best friend in spain who's just informed me that it was 33degrees at 8 o'clock last night :yikes
Must take my polo neck outa my bag then ! :rofl
I fly to malaga on the 5th aug,which is a thursday,and its a 6.50am flight so Il pack the wknd before, I still need some bits and bats..nearly there,.it was showing on the forecast 98degrees so Im prepared and cannot wait for that hot weather, food and scenery...:O0 :sun2
Im a sucker or lists..I still have a few more toilitries and bikinis and a beach towel,keep ticking of my ecel spreadsheet list without my lists Id be screwed..:O0 :D :sun2
well like caz am well behind....everyone elses cases long ironed and packed....but only ironed a few bits of mine and leaving home early hours monday morning ...this is so not me....but just havent been able to get time to do it...was working nights last night and tonight as well...but atleast Im off after that...so need get my scates on....will iron a few more bits now before I go work so will be a bit less to iron tommorrow....cant wait to be on my way......tweetie
Just finished my main list of things to pack. I think I've bought everything I need now. Just waiting for my Avon skin so soft to arrive.
Next week I'll be trying on some of my clothes to see that they look ok and will decide what shoes/bag/ jewellery goes with what. I'll also be ironing some things bit by bit. We're off 2 weeks sunday to the airport hotel and flying early Monday morning.
all done, last bits are in, ironed, checked and waiting to go now!!

we go on Monday 26th..
We go on Fri 30th, but cases have been packed for weeks. I'm going to have to go through it again and check everything is needed and I might iron everything again just to be safe.

I finish work tomorrow for 6 weeks though, so it will give me something to do. :D
We fly 2 weeks today and I sorted out hubby's clothes yesterday and put them in the case just to see how much room they took up :rofl I will be taking them out to iron them closer to the date. I'm going to sort and try my clothes on on Wednesday.
You are all so organised! We go early hours of Wednesday morning and I still haven't packed. Do you think I could squeeze it in between Corrie tonight? :rofl
We get the cases down about a week before and check that we've not run out of anything in our holiday medi bag like mozzie plug tablets, anthisan, travel wash, etc, so we've got time to buy anything if needed.
Apart from that, we try our best not to wear anything that we might want to take with us and keep up to date with the washing, then a day or two before we go we'll iron any clothes that are going and pack.
We both work quite long hours, so doing lists and spending weeks messing around packing isn't an option - it's more a case (pardon the pun :D ) of spending an hour or two one evening just before we go and that's the cases done.
17 days to go for me.....I've got one case packed and the other almost there. Have bought 2 cabin sized wheeled suitcases and the kids' backpacks to fill yet. Trying to decide whether I risk my GHD's in suitcase or whether I should put them in my hand luggage - if they go AWOL I'll be stuffed!
Valuables should always be carried in hand luggage. ;)

luci :wave
Im still not packed and I go on aug 5th,still got some bit s to buy,but dont get paid til 30th of this month...il get the case down from loft on sunday..but I dont want anything creased, so Il pack the weekend before..got all my list ready..cant wait to escape this so called rain thats causing a drought here in manchester!! yeh rite.. ;) :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.