General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You're obviously taking early retirement Graham but I'm sorry to see that Tunisia isn't listed in your plans for next year. I do hope the situation in Egypt doesn't disrupt your plans for January.
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
As I retire in 73 days we are going to go several holidays next year, so far we have booked 2 weeks in Egypt at the end of January, 4 weeks in our favourite Malta in May/June, 2 weeks in Tenerife in July and 2 weeks in Turkey in September.

Wow 4 weeks in Malta, lovely Graham :tup Did you get your favourite room in your favourite hotel?
Waiting on easyjet to release their flights beyond march 2014. We have a few destinations in mind and a few

dates in april may, so i am just going to look and see what flights are reasonable and take it from there.

I had assumed flights wouldn't be out till around september like last year, but read the other day that they are

going to be on sale by the end of this month!

Better get organised :D
we are hopefully looking at Rhodes town for my 50th birthday next july. maybe a cruise+stay there
You're obviously taking early retirement Graham

I have been in the Fire Service for over 30 years and it is time to go although I will continue to attend calls in our local retained (part time) station for a few more years.

Wow 4 weeks in Malta, lovely Graham :tup Did you get your favourite room in your favourite hotel?

:tup Yes that is all sorted, the 2 kids and our granddaughter are also coming out for a week so we have the 3 rooms on that side for the last week.
Excellent, you'll have a lovely family time together I'm sure :tup
I've booked the Bahia Cayo Levantado for October 2014 & taking my parents as a surprise Sapphire wedding anniversary present. I was hoping for Cuba, but didn't want to go with Thomas Cook & Virgin wanted stupid prices for the 4 of us. Only 448 days or so to go.......
Only 448 days or so to go.......

Not that you're counting of course. :rofl What a lovely surprise for your parents and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.
Ha ha, thanks Aslemma :) The big surprise will be revealed on Christmas day, I just have to remember to try & keep quiet till then, as they know we always book in advance & have been wondering where we will go next year....... I told them we'd have a look after Christmas as we couldn't agree on a destination :rofl
Just this weekend booked a week in Benidorm SC for Easter '14. Hoping the weather will be nice as it's mid April.

Used our tesco vouchers for Cosmos to pay for half the holiday, so costing us less than £400 in cash. :)

keep changing our mind about our main hol i in July/aug.
I am fortunate enough to be going on three holidays abroad next year :)

Puerto Rico in May paid for by my wonderful friend as a treat :tup

Family holiday to Corfu in July and lastly hubby and I going to Feungirola in September with seven others. Can't wait :cheers
The wife now has all her holidays booked up and confirmed from work so I have booked flights to St Lucia in March , just waiting for the hotel price to come down , we have holidays in June and September , and they will probably be in Lanzarote and Greece / Cyprus / Tenerife . And then a holiday in November to Dubai , although I'm interested in Oman also . Will also fit in a 2 day break to Jersey hopefully in better weather than this years ! Although Bordeaux is also an option too .
we can't book anything as no idea what rotas OH will eventually get offshore. He has been in Germany for over a year now and doesn't know when that will change.
Just booked a villa in L'Escala, Costa Brave for August 2014. 4 bedrooms, sleeps 8. My wife and I shall drive down then both of our sons, their wives and our 2 grand daughters will fly down to us. Should be fun.

We enjoy the anticipation and already are looking at our driving route to take us past some old favourite places and also some new places to stop overnight.

Exploring the resort using google earth is also telling us lots about the place.

Grand daughters will be 3 and 6 so it will mean plenty of beach time and sandcastle building. :sun2

Also lots of 'boys' time with my sons so fishing rods will be in the car! ;) :cheers
Hi
We have been talking about taking our Grandaughter away with us for some time now. She has always been a bit of a whirlwind...but now she is grown up at 6yrs old ;) ;) We have have bit the bullet and booked a week in Stalis ,Crete. I am really excited already and we are not going until next July :sun2
M
We are going to Lanzarote on 27th Feb for a wee week (shhhhhhhh, a surprise for hubby's 50th) but have no idea where to go for our main 2 week holiday. Most likely to be Turkey or Bulgaria again.
Been having a browse at package hols for next year to various destinations, but they are all pretty expensive with the main operators thomas cook, thomson ect, so think we are going to DIY it.
want to do an AI next year for our main holiday in august, and still looking for inspiration
Anyone else booked for next year yet?.
Hi De Hi wrote:
Just booked a villa in L'Escala, Costa Brave for August 2014. 4 bedrooms, sleeps 8. My wife and I shall drive down then both of our sons, their wives and our 2 grand daughters will fly down to us. Should be fun.

We enjoy the anticipation and already are looking at our driving route to take us past some old favourite places and also some new places to stop overnight.

Exploring the resort using google earth is also telling us lots about the place.

Grand daughters will be 3 and 6 so it will mean plenty of beach time and sandcastle building. :sun2

Also lots of 'boys' time with my sons so fishing rods will be in the car! ;) :cheers

Although it is 11 months away we have just got a great deal on our first overnight stop on the way down. Double room B&B in Orleans £31 and so booked it.

Looking to do a 2nd stop close to the Spanish border around Perpignon leaving us a short hop round the coast road on the saturday morning.

Looking at flights for the rest of the family. Flights from Brum are easy to find and good prices too. Howver the other son lives in South wales. Nothing from cardiff and nothing showing yet from Bristol.
gobofraggle wrote:
I've booked the Bahia Cayo Levantado for October 2014 & taking my parents as a surprise Sapphire wedding anniversary present. I was hoping for Cuba, but didn't want to go with Thomas Cook & Virgin wanted stupid prices for the 4 of us. Only 448 days or so to go.......

i visited cayo levantado and samana in february this year, (we went whale watching) 'bacardi beach' is beautiful.
its a lovely area in the dominican republic would love to go back again.

booked to go to jamaica february 2014
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.