Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have a look at hotels in the Lara Beach area, most are 5* all inclusive and are of a high standard.
suncatcher,

you may find member reviews on our Hotel review section useful.

Darren
Hi Suncatcher
Scottish mum is right, the best hotels are in the Antalya area of Turkeym but I would include Belek and maybe Side in your search to!
Some of the Lara hotels are lovely but not true Ultra All Inclusive,they have just loacl drinks and are not 24 hour AI.
The Royal Wings would be great for the children because of the funfair and mini Aqua park but all the hotels have slides.

.The family rooms at the Barut lara are excellent as are the ones at the Limak Lara which also have direct access to one of the pools! family rooms at the limak have a jacuzzi bath in the main bedroom and 2 souble bed settees in the lounge and a separate ensuite shower room! I have been to both hotels and are going back to both next year!
Belek hotel worth looking at are the Susesi deluxe which is superb!
Side/ Colakli has the Royal Dragon a sister hotel to Royal Wings and that had fantastic childrens facilities to!
Here are some of the hotel sites to look at!

http://www.baruthotels.com.tr

http://www.susesihotel.com/index_en.htm

http://www.royaldragonhotel.com.tr/

http://www.limakhotels.com/?page=rooms&id=3&lang=en

That should keep you busy for a while!!!
Thanks so much for all your replies. Some really useful information Will have a look at some reviews. X
Large slides in separate pool for the kids
Four a la carte restaurants

Animation team that actually enjoyed their work

On the beach

I liked it.

Look at Sentido Perissia in Side
I would second violets choice the Susesi .I have been to many Belek hotels but the Susesi has that little bit extra ,all the best 5*hotels in Belek are right on the beach . :sun2

Bluepeterno1
Sorry to hijack the topic but I see Bluepeterno1 and violet123 have been to Club Voyager, can I assume the Voyager Torba is a different hotel as I am looking for some feedback.

I looked at the susesi but it worked out too expensive for the 6 of us :-(
Hi we stayed in july 09 Antalya,lara beach,hotel sherwood breezes with firstchoice/thomson hotel on the beach six slides for all ages + small pool with slides read my review would reccommend most of what you seem to be looking for, but just shops outside nice stroll hope this helps :sun2
Hi,
Club Voyage Torba is in the Bodrum region of Turkey! I have only visted the Belek Voyager on a tour! Torba is a quiet area and quite scenic. We went to there via a Dolmus when we stayed on the Bodrum penninsular a few years ago!
Thnaks Violet 123.

Incidently I would recommend the Royal Wings having been there this year with chidlren aged 7-12. The children's activities are very good and the waterpark and funfair excellent!
And I'm off to the Royal Wings in precisely, oooooo, 33 days! :sun2 So I'll let you know what I think when i get back too!

Wooo hooo :yipee :fly
As previously mentioned earlier on, Sentido Perissia (formerly Paloma Perissia) Side, Excellent. !!! We stayed there in May this year and could not fault it, best hotel we have been to in Turkey and we have been 9 times now.
Hi Carol

It would be really interesting to know what other hotels you've been to to make a comparisin if you don't mind.

Thanks so much

PM x
Not Carol :que

But I was at the Alexander the Great Pathos . Cyprus
last year , so can compare two 'good' hotels. :rofl

Have visited 4/5 star hotels in most of the counties around the Med
Have always journeyed at peak times :duh and have spent a fortune
over the last twenty years,so when I post that I thought
the hotel was the cleanest I have been too , will stand by my posting.

But will admit again , that this year was the first AI I have ever been to.

( I went to the reception , to ask was it customary to tip the waiter
which brought to our table our first drink) I did not know!!

Since getting back , did some more research , perhaps some help
from this thread?? do all AI hand out the bottles of water so freely as
the Perissia did??
Well some of the early hotels we stayed in were not all-inclusive as our children were still at home then and obviously came with us but we could only afford half board or self-catering.We have only done all inclusive for the last 3 years.But here goes...these are where we have stayed, in the order we stayed in them....

Club Alpina,Marmaris
Blue Bays,Marmaris
Hotel Burak,Altinkum
Club Atrium,Marmaris
Green Park Apartments,Marmaris
Club Candan,Marmaris
Wow Bodrum Resort,Gumbet/Bodrum
Marmaris Palace,Icmeler/ Marmaris
Sentido Perissia,Side

And going to the Green Forest,Hisaronu (all inclusive) 3rd week in September.
out of interest what did you think of the marmaris palace, we stayed there about 3 yrs ago and thought it was 1 of the worst 5* hotels ive stayed in, rooms all needed revamping they were very shabby looking, food selection was dreadful with only 1 restaurant open with a choice of 3 dishes grr, entertainment wasnt suitable for kids and very limited, alcohol the cheapest you could get and we thought it was more 3*, the only good thing was the views , it was the beginning of the season, my daughter also went last year end of the season and she said exactly the same thing , i had warned her but there was no other all incs open the week she went :duh . i would never recommend it to anyone it was so bad whilst we were there, hope you found it better than we did, not sure if its better in the busy season

when i compare it to letoonia or lykia world the same * rating it didnt even come anywhere close
Hi ellie-meg,
Have to say I totally agree, we were very disappointed in the Marmaris Palace in fact the first room we were given was disgusting, dirty,smelly horrible, we were then shown 4 other rooms which were not a lot better and in the end the guy behind the desk got so fed up of us gave us a room on the top floor with spectacular views, the room itself was nothing fantastic but it was clean.Also yes the hotel is looking very dated indeed and could do with some considerable money spent on it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.