Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
5 star hotels
6 Posts
Gozo - only 2 classed officially as 5*

Ta Cenc - is really only 3* as its got very rundown, although location is superb :D

San Lawrenz Kempinski - used to be very good, but with all the building thats gone on in the last year, it is turning into timeshare - not been inside for 6 months, so not sure if all finished yet, and how the atmosphere has changed
Stayed in the Ta Cenc for a week a few years ago. The rooms were definately not what you would expect from a 5* as they needed a refurb, which sounds like it hasn't happened. However the setting is spectacular and alot of the communal facilities were 5*. The service was good as well.

Stayed in the Westin Dragonnara in St Julians for a week. It was as you would expect from a chain 5*. Large rooms with 2 king sized beds, desk/chair, armchair, big bathroom, big balcony, all rooms seemed to face the sea. Large lounges and beautiful dining room with chandaliers. It was expensive to eat and snack but all 5* are. The pool, beach club and lido area were too small for the amount of people there in height of summer tho, so difficult to get a sun bed. It's also almost in Paceville, but when inside you wouldn't know this. :D :D :D
SAS Radisson Golden Sands Resort.
I have not stayed in this hotel but I have visited and have to say it looks impressive.
radisson sas st georges bay is clean and to be honest i think caters more for business clients and conventions than regular holiday punters. the room we had was overlooking the sea and was air conditioned.the restaurant actually reminded me of a sol hotel i once visited in majorca!
i personally preferred the hilton which is right next to paceville but away from the noise-the pool area is excellent and food fantastic BUT as with most 5stars the bar/snacks etc are very expensive! we had a room overlooking the marina which was airconditioned and everything you need no shabby fixtures etc. in both hotels the maid service is excellent to a point where you feel you are in the way if you happen to be in the room! the restaurant was very swish right by the pool area and attracted a lot of sunday lunch people.
Hilton, St Julians. Fantastic hotel, not too big and lovely eating/breakfast area by the pools.

Very handy fo all the night life less than 5 mins walk away. Also, loads of great restaurants in the immediate area.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.