Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
when we stayed there in 2004 they also had free ciggies at the bar just helped yourself.
local brand mind .
when we stayed there in 2004 they also had free ciggies at the bar just helped yourself.
local brand mind .

We stayed there last year and there were none free at the bar :tup
we have just booked to go to this hotel on 19th july.

could anyone tell me what drinks are available, both alcoholic and soft, and is there a fee for the pedalos on the beach, thank you x
Hi :wave:

If you take a read through the reviews http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/abou-sofiane-hotel/ you will get a lot of information.

Drinks are all the normal locally produced brands including brandy, vodka, whisky, lager, wine etc, there are also cocktails, soft drinks are cola, sprite, non alcoholic cocktails.

There were no free pedalos on the beach when we were there :( you would have to be careful anyway as there are so many boats, jet ski's, banana thingies etc zooming around in the sea.

Some pictures of the hotel http://family.webshots.com/album/568524044KRULeu?vhost=family

Regards
Graham
Hi guys, just found this forum and thought i'd add some things. I have been to the hotel 5 times now. most recently was april and i go again in july. They have now refurbished the hotel and the entrance, lobby, reception, bar and outside bar look like a completely different hotel, it does look really nice. In april they were still finishing off bits and bits but nothing major. Just to answer a few questions that i have read, yes they do have pedalos on the beach and they are free, they do have beer, its there national beer called celtia and its about 4%. Other drinks that they serve are, lemonade, coke, fizzy lemon, fizzy orange, water and fizzy water, and tonic, strawberry orange and sometimes pineapple juice (bear in mind that it is watered down to what we are used to) then just some of the alcohol is red and white wine, beer, gin, whisky, brandy, vodka, pernod, cherry brandy, blue curaco, creme de menthe, some banana thing and then non-alcoholic and alcoholic cocktails (i think i have most of it covered, shows how much time i spend at the bar! :-)) also just a note for those who are returning the animation team is a completely new team apart from one old member who has just rejoined, but they are just as good (actually i think they are better) but as with any new team they need time to develope and grow, which by the summer i'm sure will not be a problem! any questions please ask
I am just back from this hotel and loved it, the animation team were excellent, the friendliest hotel I have ever been to.

Will post a review soon, any questions PM me as its all fresh in my mind! :)
Hi, I've just come back from The Abou Sofiene in P E K so if anyone has any questions then feel free to ask,

Thankyou
is that the allegro or the riviera i was in the riviera a few weeks ago and the people at the allegro were complaining that there was no entertainment there is this true.
The Abou Sofiene had a different show each night from 21.30-23.00 before the disco. During the day they had a constant flow of activities like volleyball, Archery etc, So they always tried to keep everyone entertained all day
Hi,

I read that there was some 'refurb' work been carried out over the winter months at this hotel is this now complete ?

I was told that the rooms are on the basic side, in your opinion how would you rate the rooms and have the rooms had any type of 'refurb' work carried out ?

Was the food OK and was there plenty of variety for the less adventurous eaters ?

Lastly, the most important question...Did you have a nice holiday ?

Thanks.
Hi, I just got back from Abou Sofiane on Monday, and loved it. The rooms ARE on the basic side, but fine. We had a couple of minor problems in our group (tv not working in 1 room, patio door stuck in the other) but reported this at reception and both were sorted out within 20 minutes of us arriving. The beds are comfortable and everything clean they're just a bit dated.

There was no work going on while we were there apart from lovely soft new carpets being put down in our corridor. The reception/lobby which has been done up is lovely!

Food was great, I thought plenty of variety although like any holiday after 2 weeks it will start to get a bit repetitive. We were in a large group and tried most things between us, I am a very fussy eater and never went hungry, mainly thanks to the lovely fresh pasta, made in front of you with whatever sauce, veg etc you'd like. There were chips every night also!! The snack bar at the pool does burgers, hot dogs and pizzas at lunch which were great if you don't fancy the restaurant.

All in all loved it, thanks in no small part to the staff who are so helpful and welcoming (even without tips although we did obviously tip our regular waiters, bar staff etc) it was the friendliest hotel I've been to!
Can anybody provide some details and pictures if possible of the refurbishment that has taken place at the Abou Sofiane.

Cheers
Graham
Hi letitia
Just out of interest who is the member of the animation team who has returned? We have been a few times to the Abou Sofiane and they are always changing the animations team with the exception of a couple of guys. Do you remember Mr Micheal or Dali.....he left quite a few years ago tho. Momo was super too They are all a great bunch who work really long hard hours......I wanted to bring most of them home with me lol

Lucky you to be going back to abou Sofiane in July but I can't complain 'cos I'm heading to our real favourite the Hotel kanta in July, only 4 weeks and a few days to go :sun2
hi,

just read your post and i have never been to the abou sofiane but we are going towards the end of july and i am sure i have read a review that said it was shaggy that had returned as a choreographer...hope that makes sense to you x
Ah thanks for that
I remember a shaggy he was one of the newer ones I think, he was on the team when we holidayed there nearly 2yrs ago. Saying that they seem to use the same nicknames over and over when some of the guys leave, guess it saves buying new t-shirts or something lol

I hope you have a great holiday!! If as letitia says the animation team is better then you are in for a real treat!!

leanna x
we went to the abu sofian allegro riviera this april and the new choreographer there was shaggy ,i think people are getting the 2 hotels mixed up the allegro is on the beach the riviera behind it our annimation team was fantastic the people staying at the other hotel said they had no entertainment there.
i'm a bit confused nuttynet, which hotel did you stop at, abou sofiane or the riviera? and which hotel had no entertainment?
From an earlier post by nuttynet

i was in the riviera a few weeks ago and the people at the allegro were complaining that there was no entertainment there is this true.

But as already pointed out to them earlier there is plenty of entertainment all day at the Abou Sofiane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.