Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
i thought they were two seperate hotels, i thought one was called abou sofiane and the other riviera, and they are sister hotels that originated from the allegro chain.
one is called the occidental abou sofianne and the aother occidental abou soffiann allegro riviera the first being the one with no entertainment the week we were in tunisia april 18th 2009
Nuttynet I think you will find you have got the names mixed up somwhere. The hotels are not both called the Abou Sofiane!

The Abou Sofiane is on the beach and the other hotel The Riviera is slightly farther back.

The Abou Sofiane (i have stayed in this hotel 3 times so i can assure anyone that i am not mixing them up!) have always had a very good animation team, both hotels used to share the animations team but as far as I can gather this isn't the case anymore.

The Abou Sofiane have an indoor theatre where they put on shows most nights and are always around the pool coaxing people to take part in the activities. I have some pretty good pics of Shaggy on top of the animation shed in a leopard print bikini threatening to strip (hilarious).
deffinately no got names mixed up check on portland direct. i sayed at the occidental abu soffian allegre riviera behind the abouu soffian, it was the sister hotel but now on its own. shaggy was our entertainer, we had a large indoor night areana with pillars covered in music symbals.also an indoor spa and swimming pool, hope this clears things up begining to think im going mad.
we are off to the abou sofiane in july and was just wondering if i could ask a few questions?

are hairdryers provided in the room?
how many plug sockets are in the room?
is there a poolside bar?
how much are the safety deposit boxes?

thanks x
Hi superstar :wave:

Have you taken a look through the dedicated Abou Sofiane topic fo more info http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=119593
Thanks Graham. Topics now merged to avoid duplication.

luci :wave
yes i had looked at that topic and it did not give me the answers, that is why i posted it in a topic which encouraged forum members to post questions with regards to the hotel, however, obviously you felt the need to move it :(
my hotel hair dryers in the rooms 3 sockets yes a nice pool side snack and drink bar and safes approx 10 dinar a week hope thi helps
yes i had looked at that topic and it did not give me the answers, that is why i posted it in a topic which encouraged forum members to post questions with regards to the hotel, however, obviously you felt the need to move it

Superstar I have edited the topic title so that it now includes a reference to Q&A in the hope that it will encourage more questions and answers here :tup

Briar / Luci I hope this is OK :thanks
Graham
No problem at all Graham.

The benefit of posting in this, the main, topic is that any member subscribed to the topic will be notified of new posts and may come on and answer. They would not be notified of a separate topic.

luci :wave
superstar wrote:
we are off to the abou sofiane in july and was just wondering if i could ask a few questions?

are hairdryers provided in the room?
how many plug sockets are in the room?
is there a poolside bar?
how much are the safety deposit boxes?

thanks x

Hi superstar, in the Abou Sofiane there was in a hairdryer in the bathroom, 2 plug sockets in our room (one where the tv was plugged in and one in a cupboard - weird!) a great poolside bar with drinks all day and food about 12-3). Not sure about the safety deposit but you can definitely get them.

Have a great hol we loved it!
right ok the hotels are the occidental riviera and hotel abou sofiane, the abou sofiane was an occidental hotel till december but now it isn't. The two hotels used to be sister hotels but now u can only go in both if u have a red wrist band (stayed more that 7 times) the riviera definatly does not have abou sofiane in the titile, it is like this on some travel agents websites as when they were sister hotels you were allocated one when you got there, this is now not the case. The abou sofiane definatly has an entertainment team and shaggy who was at the sofiane last year has now returned, (he was at the riviera in april), i no this is definatly correct as i got back from the hotel sunday, was there in april and am going back july for my 7th stay! any questions please ask
thank you for clearing that up letitia, haha, i thought that was the way it worked.

i will prob have lots more questions before i go, may even see you there in July, we go on the 19th. from what i have read it looks like i'm going to have a fab time :D
Thanks for that letitia it is as I thought!

superstar the hairdryer is fixed in the bathroom and is fine but not the most powerful so you may still want to take your own if there is likely to be a queue. There will be at least 2 possibly 3 plugs in the room.
There is a great poolside bar/snack bar which starts serving drinks at 10am and food around lunchtime well they did last time we stayed there (sept 07). There is also a beach bar that serves from 10am also and does lunches and snacks too.

Sorry I can't remember how much the safety deposit boxes cost but I know it's not much and well worth it for the piece of mind.

Cheekychops.....as far as I know the plug socket in the cupboard used to be for a fridge not sure if you can still request them but first time we stayed in the Abou Sofiane in 2001 there was a fridge in the room and then after that there was just a cupboard.

Leanna x
Superstar i go the 19th aswel, from stansted!! :-) as for the hairdryers, i always take my own because i have thick hair and would be standing there for about 4 hours getting it dry, but my mum uses the hairdryer in the bathroom no probs. There are only 2 plug sockets in the room, and its right that one is in the cupboard which is used for a fridge but unless you request and pay for a fridge you don't get one. As with the safety deposit box i think its a 10 dinar deposit per week then 7 dinar each day you use it (you only get the deposit back) but i have never got a safety deposit box here so don't quote me on it, and i have never had anything go missing or stole out of the room, to me if you have a lockable case then is there a need for a safety deposit box?! personal choice!
I am going to this hotel on July 29th 2009 from Gatwick. Any others going on this date?

I am really looking forward to it, there is myself and my 2 children going (16 & 15) it is our first to Tunisia and from the comments that have been posted it sounds like a really good place to stay. :wave:
Letitia - i remember you! i think its you anyway lol
i dont know if you would remember me but me and my mum were talking to your mum and dad at the french bowels area on our last day (21st July) and your dad was telling us why you had red wristbands and he told my mum how to play french bowels properly.

it was our first stay at the abou sofiane and they had a complete different animation team to the riveria because one night me and mum went over to their hotel - obviously not inside, we just watched from outside as they had their entertianment outside and they had a different animation team (:

but i must say, the abou sofiane animation team are AMAZING!! i loveee themm!!

xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.