Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi pacman
Welcome to HT.
We have reviews for your hotel here

You will find advice on money matters here

and finally reviews on your report are here

Hope this helps!
pacman
the best way to change your money is take your sterling and change it over there (better exchange rate) most hotels will exchange your money but have a look around as they all offer different exchange rates

you can use atms but check they are a reliable source and as you would over here check the cash point area for dodgy looking characters 1st and anything untowards

never went into nessebar, but went to the old town of nessebar and it was very nice, some nice bar and resteraunts with some great harbour and sea views

as for beggars we saw a few but they tend not to bother you,
as for pickpockets i dont know i never herd of any 1 getting dipped whilst we were there

tummy bugs..............you might or might not get one, its not always the food, sometimes its the change of climate or the change of water.....take something with you that may help to combat a stomach upset should you get onw
Hey Pacman,

Im heading to SB on the 3rd! How many of you are going? What ages are you's?

Mark
pacman

if you have a nationwide flex account you don't get charged at the ATM, we got an exchange rate of 2.89 last week.

have fun!!! :twisted:

bombhead
just back from SB.saw a few kids begging while their moms were sitting on a wall opposite chatting. :shock:
Just back last night been for two weeks. Heard of no pickpockets in Sunny Beach and I used the overcrowded buses!!

Change your money in Banks, crown booths, hotels. I did not see one person change money in the dodgy kiosks so word must be getting around.

Always agree a fare with the Taxi drivers before you get in or they will try to rip you off.

About beggars saw a few kids do not give them money. It is a big racket when they have finished in summer they go up to the ski resorts. My BG solicitor told me that the people that profit from these kids earn far more money than the hard working waiters and waitresses.

Still my oldest daughter felt really sorry for one little boy and was reduced to tears. Instead of money she gave him her candy floss.

Just one final note on the child beggars. We saw from the rooftop of Chinatown (a very good Chinese restaurant) a woman dressed up with mobile phone etc throw some old rags to one child. She then shouted at him and took him behind the small fair out of view and hit him repeatedly around the head until he was crying. He then returned to his begging post where she left him. It was terrible my wife was having a fit with rage.

The kids cannot win whatever you do!
You can change money in every exchange place in Nessebur, the rates are usually good. Don't change money on the street.

Nessebur is beautiful!

Enjoy!

Denitsa :)
we were in nessebur last week july first week of aug - the best exchange rate (no Com) was at the bank just up the road from sunny beach south entrance. it's next to a supermarget sorry dont know the name. rate was about 2.81 i think. it felt very safe to exchange money as there are security gaurds in there and you need your passport. the other place was park oasis hotel - they also change Trav chq with no comm.

walked past your hotel - looks nice from outside. i was slightly dissapointed as i was expecting nessebur to be amazing but maybe my expectations were too high - although it was very clean. i think the reason i was dissapointed was because it was so busy - i know it was high season but i have been to other places at this time and they were nowhere near as busy. tho i would have thought sept would be a really nice time to go.

make sure you try a chicken kebab! they are really cheap but very nice and much healthier than the ones back at home the best place was on the main road with the man who wears a red apron type thing.
also eat out in the hotel flora - we stayed there in the hotel - the food is very very good. we ended up eating there most nights. the people are really really friendly and very welcoming. the fish on the tile is meant to be good - tho i dont like fish.

my tummy was fine! and i even drunk the tap water.

there are kid beggars but to be honest i didn't really notice them that often.

have a good time!!
Thanks everyone your comments have been a great help.

Roll on Friday 8) :lol:

Pacman
a word on pickpockets,ive heard of two cases and they both souned like the same gang.my mate at work and also a guy in our hotel were surround by about 4 or five young women.who were all lovey dovey,wwhen they were told to go away they left with the wallets and phones. :oops: police were informed on both occasions but they could not do anything.
As for money exchange we changed money with the HSBC bonk online last week and we got a very good rate of 2.88106 delivered to our door at no extra cost Cant wait to Monday leaving at teatime will arrive about 2 in the morning at the Fiesta Beach Hotel in SBhave been there before and no trouble with pickpockets or beggars a few children but just ignore them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.