Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Karen, on most occasions private transfers are usually just that. I think it comes down to the wording, if you book a "private transfer" you should expect just that. But if you book a "transfer" it could be shared. If you just clarify what it is with the company concerned there should be no doubt as what to expect.

Thank you beegee thats what I thought too. I booked a private transfer, journey to resort was fine. But on the return to the airport, we were picked up at 210am, with aim to get to the airport at 3am so I could ensure that my son and I could sit together . . .we then stopped to pick up a group of 8 or so others at about 230am, then stopped at their offices to change drivers and THEN had to stop for Petrol. We finally arrived at the airport at 340am, we were so late in checking in that there were only 9 seats left on the plane and so lucky that we got where we did in the queue otherwise we wouldnt have been able to sit together.

I paid for a private transfer for 2 people, NOT a group, and I have to say, on booking the company I did with recommendations on here, I will not be using them at all again in the future.
Hi, how long will my private transfer from Dalaman to Marmaris take? Im using unitedblue/holidaytaxis.
:)
if they don't stop, then about 1 hour 20 minutes at quickest!
thats better than 2.5hrs. My friend is just back and her coach transfer took that long and she said there were still people on the bus when she got off!!
Yep! that is right. As I said on my previous post, we took 4 hours last year. We were first on the bus at Dalaman and last off at Icemeler. We arrived at Dalaman at 0.55 and were at our accommodation in Icemeler at 0500 in broad day light. We did see most of Marmaris on the way!!!!!!!!!
We have pre booked a taxi this year.
SPOTTYDOG, We have often used the taxi's at the airport to to our hotel at Lara beach. Lara beach is half the distance of Belek, and cost us 24lira for 4 adults and luggage (no problem fitting them in a normal taxi). So I would think £100 transfer is a bit steep!
I have seen a link somewhere (maybe on Trip Advisor) for up to date taxi prices. I will see if I can find it and will either post it on here or PM you with it.
Another member (Bryn) who posts on the daily weather thread, talked of starting transfers in Antalya area. Try PM him and see what he offers. Hope this helps. Denny
Just looked at the above site and did all the right things. It is very expensive. Price came out at £140!!
I have just been reading posts and some state that you are not always dropped off at your Hotel, but at a specific point in the resort. I am going to Olu Deniz resort Hotel and have trsnsfers booked with taxi transfers .co. uk does anyone know anything about this company?. I would hate to be dropped at the opposite end of the resort with just my son and myself at 03:30 ~ 04:00 in the morning and not a clue where i'm going!! :yikes
Cally. ~x~
right i need to book my transfer as i'm away in 2 weeks.

do i go with proper cars who i originally was going to book with or any other ideas

thanks
Hi Chris. I leave in 3 weeks and have already booked with A2B but after reading all the posts I would not pre-book and just take one of the taxis that sit outside the Airport. From what I have read on this forum it seems that they all opperate from a FIXED price tariff board. If this is not true can someone please correct me. Cheers
Hi Dougal

Taxi's are on a fixed tarrif. I always ask the price before I get in the taxi just to make sure.
;)

Lynn
Hi Chris, Just as I thought if you read Lynn's post. If rwb46 reads this he will give you a post. He seems to know a lot about Turkey.
Lynn! have you managed anything on the "diamonds! (as in previous posts)we leave in 4 weeks time and will be looking at all those lovely "stones" Cheers
Thanks for all of those

but there are 4 of us with suitcases, and i was told that taxis will not take 4 of you

cheers
If any of you go back a few pages or perhaps near the front, there is someone on here called Kevin Hawley. He is an English gentleman who can arrange transfers for you from and to the airport (Dalaman I think) and i do believe he can arrange it for four people, if I am wrong I stand corrected but its worth a shot. He has had good reviews from the people that have used his services.
There is also a company called Hamish McTurk, you can google this and the website will come up. also seems reliable from the reviews posted. Good luck!!.
Cally. ~x~
Hi wickedchris.....
you could try these....

I have never used them so cant give you a personal opinion of them but I have seen others posts about a couple of them. Resorthoppa seems reliable if I remember correctly.

Cally. ~x~
Wickedchris...... you could also try they do transfers from bodrum but not sure where you are going to. They transfer to...
Marmaris, Bodrum centre, Gumbet, Bitez, Turgutreis and Yalikavak.
Cally. ~x~
thanks for all of those

were going to gumbet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.