Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me a rough estimate of the transfer time between Dalaman Airport and Marmaris.

Bearing in mind that we dont land until 02:45.

Thanks

grantNCL
Anyone any information on A2B Taxis. We booked them through the Internet holiday company that we booked our holiday with. They are charging us £116 return from Dalaman to Icmeler. I know now that we could have got it cheaper but it is already booked. Cheers
Hi,

Has anyone used transfer4cheap.com , if so were they ok?
hi grant

transfer from dalaman to marmaris is approx 1½ hours depending on mode of transport taken

taxi/car without stopping maybe slightly quicker, coach transfer with tour company with a stop could potentially take 2 hours :yikes

we were relatively lucky and had a mini bus and no stop so took 1 hour 40 mins
Hi alizda

I'm on a coach transfer with H4U :( I'll go to sleep - more time in the sun :tup

Thanks
Hi all, we were on the coach transfer last year from Dalaman to Icmeler and including (waiting time for other planes to land) and a stop on the way, it took 4 hours. On the way back we were the last to be picked up and we had one seat at the front and another seat at the back over the engine. This time it only took two and a half hours. NEVER AGAIN!! That is why we booked A2B Taxis. Does anyone have any information on them please. Thanks.
We would recommend propercar.com for transfers from Bodrum airport.

We used them to travel from Bodrum airport to Yalikavak (40 min drive each way) during Aug 2008 - timeous, spotlessly clean shuttlebus & polite drivers. Paid £96 cash (sterling) on pickup for 4 adults return - the best price I could find on the internet.

Our flight was two hours late on arrival and the driver was there - no problems.

A mutliple stop tour operator coach transfer would have cost £88 so the extra £8 for direct private transfer was worth it combined with convenience - the operator coach collected guests at our hotel 50 mins before we were collected so we saved time in transit too. :D
Recommendation deleted as posting from Turkey. luci HT Mod
do tour operators tor mind if you dont use their coach travel - mines already booked so cant ask for it not to be included but still want to arrange private transfer on arrival at bodrum to gumbet
If you book a private transfer and already have transfers booked with the TO, make sure you find the TO rep at the airport and tell them you won't be travelling on the coach. Otherwise the coach may wait for you to turn up and you will be very unpopular if you don't advise them.

luci :wave
looking for a transfer from

bodrum, into gumbet for 4 adults,

anyone any ideas as to who to book with

thanks
I have just returned from Bodrum and will not book Proper Car Rentals again. I arranged transfers with them on the strength of a couple of recommendations but turned out to be a big mistake. They were a shambles, arrived at Bodrum airport with no sign of the pick-up. After 20 mins of searching for them we got a taxi from the taxi rank, fortunately there were no queues. After emailing them in resort they apologised but we were missed off the schedule which was on their computer and " it was circumstances beyond their control " - what a ridiculous statement when it was plainly well within their control. Despite all this I still asked them to arrange the return transfer ( another mistake ) and the manager said he would personally check the details were correct. The time came to be picked up and no car arrived. We waited 20 mins and then rang for a regular taxi which arrived within 1 minute. As our bags were being put in the taxi the other car arrived. I told the rep who came in this car he was far too late ( not sure why he looked surprised !! ) and got in the taxi and set off. If a private transfer is arranged for a set time there is no excuse for being more than 20 mins late. A company to be avoided I would say.
:whoops

i was going to book these tonight.

how much was a taxi transfer from the airport to bodrum
If you pay for a private transfer, for 2 people, would we be expected to be picking up others en route to the airport? I was on the understanding that a private transfer was just that . . .private for those who had booked . . .or is that not the case as was our experience recently on returning to Dalaman from Olu?
Wickedchris, it was £35 which was up on the board. There was no waiting and once we were in the taxi it only took 25 mins to our hotel in Bodrum, this was at 2.30am though.

Karen, on most occasions private transfers are usually just that. I think it comes down to the wording, if you book a "private transfer" you should expect just that. But if you book a "transfer" it could be shared. If you just clarify what it is with the company concerned there should be no doubt as what to expect.
Hi , Having trouble getting an answer to my question. Any idea of cost of a taxi for 4 people from Antalya airport to Belek staying at Letoonia golf resort. Been quoted £100 return for a shuttle bus with Travel Republic will a taxi be cheaper Thanks Spotty Dog.
thanks for that beegee

is that for 4 people plus luggage
There were only 2 of us plus luggage but you will not get 4 people plus luggage in a standard taxi. I only saw the normal saloon taxis there. I think they did have some larger taxis around the resort but its something you would have to ask about when you get to the airport. The only other solution would be to go in 2 taxis.
thanks for that

it's gonna cost us then

i may just risk proper cars, then, as thye are cheap, i've read a few good reviews on them on tripadvisor.

i use a transfer company on tenerife and i've never had any problems with them, but i'm sure that some people will have
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.