Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: transfers
454 Posts
Hi Ola

We tell the Reps on arrival that we are getting a private hire so that the people waiting on buses dont have to wait until everyone is out of the airport before they take other people to resort.

Then we normally let the rep who comes to the hotel that we will be making our own way back, because if you have a half hour slot the people on the buses have to wait that length of time before they leave which is not very nice.

We have been stuck on buses a few times because people dont let the reps know and is partly the reason we get private hire.

I dont think they bother phoning hotel you just arrive as they should know you are coming anyway.
Lynn
hi ola

last year we arranged private transfer....

got to dalaman, just told the rep we didnt need the coach, and off we went.......

then a few days before going home, told the rep who visited we didnt need the coach going back to dalamn.....

on the day first choice phoned for me.....at reception to tell me we had a delay and it would be next day before we got home.....they said they would move us to marmaris, i told them we would stay at the aprtments as the owner said it was ok...

it was no trouble at all, and i found first choice quite helpful when they let us know about the delay....
Cool i'll have to speak to my friend and she what she says. as she has never been to Turkey before she might want to do the coach thing just to say she has done it and you tend to look around more in a coach
Hi

Does anybody know how much it is approximately (in english money!) if you were to get a taxi at Dalaman Airport to Marmaris (thats if you can just get one at the airport!!) or know of any good transfer companies?

Many thanks
Taxi from Dalaman to Icmeler is £55 one way so Marmaris isnt as far so will be less.
The company I have used is,

http://www.icmeleronline.com/

They provide complimentary cold drinks and have videos to watch during the transfare.

Gene
Taxi from Dalaman to Icmeler is 125 Lira or £60 and that was yesterday on the board at arrivals as you come out of the doors on your right hand side.
If that is correct then pay your 125 YTL because that is only £52.74 at the exchange rate of 2.37YTL to the £

Gene
Btw Gene Exchange rate has been stable the last week stuck on 2.34.25 to the Pound.
You would still be better paying 125YTL because at the steady rate of 2.34YTL to the £ you would still only pay £53.42 better still get private transfare and pay only £90 return and thats Dalaman to Icmeler for four people should be a tad cheaper to Marmaris.

Gene
Thats not a bad price but is for the shuttle bus service and for 4 people return, works out at £71.92

These are some of the terms of the shuttle bus

SHARED SHUTTLE BUS

Shuttles are a cheap, quick and effective way of travelling to and from your accommodation in a city or country you may be unfamiliar with. When using a pre booked shuttle service you instantly have the security of knowing how you will arrive directly at your accommodation. Please be aware that there may be a wait for your shuttle at the airport since they run to a schedule, Maximum wait time 1 hour. Transfer times are estimated and can depend on traffic and the number of stops en-route.

now the private mini-bus that would take you straight to the resort from Dalaman is £118.78 for 4 -6 people with this company.

Gene
Thanks for all your help Gene. I will have a look at that website as i would just want a taxi for two people to be honest as i dont like driving down those mountain hill roads on the way to Marmaris on a coach and would feel much safer in a car even though it may cost quite a bit more!
Thanks rbw i will check out that website a bit later, thanks for all your help also!
Your welcome kellyrich, And Gene this lady was looking for a Transfer for Two people and not the four you suggested.
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced transfer company? We're traveling from antalya airport to a local hotel. The cheapest I can find for the 3 of us is about £60 return which seems a bit steep considering the hotel we're staying at is less than 10km away! Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Lara
Lara1, just jump in a taxi at the airport. There are loads of them, no matter what time of day or night you arrive!!
It cost us 24lira last year to go from airport to the Concorde on Lara beach. There is a taxi marshal there who speaks perfect English so no problems with the language
Denny
Hi

I am trying to organise a private transfer from the airport to Olu Deniz (Asena Beach) and the hotel have quoted me £110 return :think . Is this a good price or can anyone recommend an alternative??

Thanks
Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.