Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
there were 8 animation team nobody did just 1 thing they all mixed and matched, there was archery, rifle shooting, french boules, shuffleboard, football, beach volleyball, killer darts and then in the evening they did the 10pm stage show every night which was really good, hopes this helps any more questions just ask, regards gasman
yeah rio is still there, also stefan, kea, beks, i think keeley was just leaving, alex is still there, also mido, andy,kez, maria,adriana, regards gasman
Thanks gasman im pleased rio is still there he was funny and always made me join in but i didnt mind.Andys kez and keely were there last summer looks like there having a move around now ready for the summer.
no problem kerrie have a great time wish i was going back soon, i can honestly say its the best hotel ive ever stayed in, and ive stayed in quite a few, if you see alex can you tell him the chelsea fan sends his best wishes.
We love the Louis Phaethon and go at Christmas (party of 4 ranging from 76 years down to 15 years!).

We go with Thomsons or Portland (they are the same company but they offer different prices!) and always pay the extra for seaview rooms - which have stunning views.

Here is the email address for the hotel if you want any specific questions answered. We find them very helpful - we emailed and asked if we could have the same rooms as we had previously and when we got there they had organised it for us.

[/code] phaethonresv@louishotels.com [code]
Hi Caff, just to throw a spanner into the works, we stayed at the Pavlo Napa last year and really enjoyed it.

Try speaking to Manos of Hellenic Voyages, tel 01924 788700 and he will beat Thomson prices by about a thousand pounds for your family group. That's a lot of beer tokens. This year he's recommending the Iliada Beach in Protaras.

Good hunting,

Parky
Parky is the Iliada Beach an all-inc?

I know it's too early yet but I know that we want to try Protarus next year. We have been researching for a while now but many of the hotels which do all-inc in Protarus have mixed reviews.
Do you have any personal recommendations?
Looking at Hellenics brochure as I sit here, it says all inclusive.
Top pricing 16/7 to 23/8 is 755, lowest1 - 10/5 is 555 and both for 14 nightsMan or LGW on weds.

We used Hellenic last year and had a great time at the Pavlo Napa in Ayia Napa, Food and rooms were spot on. Not luxury, but good.

Other hotels in Cyprus are Vrissiana Beach,Panas Village, Vangelis Apts (S/C), Aqua Sol (Paphos), and Pernera Beach (3*). Give Manos a call and see what he has to say.

Parky
Hi guys,
Sorry to bring this up again, but I emailed Constantinos and asked if 3/4 trousers and jeans, were ok to wear in the dining room, but they have just replied and stated long trousers are the dress code for the restaurant.

Sorry to be a pain, but are jeans ok to wear :? :?

gail....................
Gail,haven't got a concrete answer but I'm 99.9% sure men will have to wear long trousers for evening meals.Any half board hotel I've been to,one was 3 star in Majorca,insisted on long trousers.Last year we went to the Vrissiana,next door to CTG,and men had to wear long trousers.I only had the jeans I travelled in but there was no problem.Personally I think it's a pretty pointless rule.I've seen some right scruffy sods wearing old trackie bottoms and vests yet someone with a very smart pair of dress shorts and shirt can get turned away???
I remember in Majorca there was a Irish bloke who obviously was travelling light who a par of combat type trousers which had a sort of window blind effect where he could wind the trousers up during the day and release them at night for meal times :lol:
Thanks Dav, Jeans it is then :)
We have always gone SC so this is all new to us.

thanks again

gail..........
Just thought I'd add - when enquiring about a holiday a couple of years ago, the girl in the travel agents misread the abbreviation on her screen and announced that gentlemen must wear LARGE trousers for evening meals!

I had visions of all the guys jumping round the room singing "can't touch this!" to the sound of MC Hammer. :lol:

What time's evening meal? HAMMER-TIME!!
hi Gail if a hotel has a dress code it will usualy mean for men Collard Shirt
not sports shirt or t-shirt some will insist on a tie (the better ones do) Taylord trousers not 3/4 lenghth not jeans or chino and definantly not tracksuit/joggin bottoms socks and footware this is for the evening at lunch time normaly allow shorts not trunks and shirt with footware

for the ladies skirt/dress/taylord trousers blouse and footweare for the evening lunchtime no swimware shorts sarong skirt trousers blouse or top

hope this helps

brian
We stay at the Capo Bay in Protaras and the dress code is smart which just means long trousers for men,t-shirt etc nothing like shirt and tie.Who wants to wear a tie on holiday!!!.....A couple of years ago we had decided to eat in the hotel so my husband went along wearing smart shorts thinking this wouldn't be a problem,they wouldn't let him in eventhough there was only about 6 tables occupied!!! these tend to be the sweds,danish,germans very few brits.But they will let you eat in jeans!!... you want to go on holiday to relax.....well we do.
hi again
I for one not only wear a tie for dinner in the hotel or resterants but also a jacket the jacket is not worn if we go to a bar for a meal

I am not posh /rich but working class background and the one thing that was instilled in us was a sense od decorum hense i feel verry embaresed at the way many brits on holiday flought the rules of common decency

brian
We have gone 4 star 5 star in the past husband never wears a tie just a smart casual shirt or polo shirt,

To solve the problems of wearing long trousers in the hot weather I invested in some linen look jeans for my husband for these occassions he has never been refused entrance yet to the dining room

I agree at dinner everyone should be presentable, and I think smart casual is ok. In Mexico it was so hot the management relented and let the men wear smart dress shorts, Smart dress shorts and smart shirts can look very nice.
The Ameriacans demanded the rules be relaxed.

I too have been embarrassed at the state of some holiday makers turning up for the evening meal in their beach shorts and vests.
Elizabeth
HI everyone Its been a few years since I went to Cyprus. I normally go to Spain, but wanted a change this year. I heard that Cyprus is more expensive so I bookted All inc do you think Ive done the right thing?We are going to Eleni Holiday Village ist Feb 2006.There are 3 adults going and we paid (with private insurance)£500 each is that good or to much? Thanks Paul :?:
There are some reviews here - cannot comment on price except we are going to Panas Village on 9 October next and it has cost £1228 for two of us for two weeks AI

fwh

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/paphos/eleni-holiday-village-hotel/
Well i have read the reviews and i would say that 80% were good 20% so/so.

If you have got all-inc then at least you know that you don't have to budget now for meals and drinks (quite expensive) How nice to be able to just get a beer when you want one.

Your only downside seems to be the location as nearly all say it is a way out. sorry i don't know paphos. And that there is not a lot in the area to do. but no problem as your on a bus route. which seems quite cheap in to paphos. then when you have had a good night out in paphos just get a taxi back.
When your staying in your hotel at night, make friends with everyone, we did this in the dominican, the rep got us all together. And explained that as we were all on all inclusive take advantage of it. And get together and have a laught. We used to play games at night, sometimes cards even charads. it is better than sitting just smiling at people.

A gang of people sat round a poolside bar at night drinking free drinks can be a real good laugh.

Enjoy your holiday and your free drinks. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.