Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We have been AI a few times and yes the hotel does insist that the man wears long trousers in the restaurant.
We've not normally found it too much of a problem in the eveings though and there's always those wonderful " zip-on" legs!

It's just a "standards" thing - don't let it put you off!
hi gail

i was wondering that too, we are AI we are staying at the papatonia hotel in protaras (pernera). seems a bit of a nighmare for the men wearing trousers in that weather.

Tina.
We thought that it would be difficult, however it's really not too bad. I have bought my husband several pairs of lightweight trousers, all without lining. For a fortnights holiday about 5/6 pairs do him because as soon as dinner is over he nips to the room to change them. He has a few named trousers (like Nike etc) but last year when he needed a couple of new pairs to add to the collection I struggled to find his usual named brand (these are smarter type trousers not tracksuit bottoms). I found some plain ones which were very cheap from Matalan (about £12 a pair) these don't have any name on them but when he wears them with one of his 'golf type' shirts they look good.
i think its polite to wear long trousers for dinner in any resturant, after all who wants to see hairy legs when your eating your evening meal, and thats just mine :lol:

fizzxx
thanks everyone,
I was just wondering are three quarter trousers acceptable in the dining area for men?

gail.....................
Depends where you go I have seen them refused and that was a man with one leg - no joke!
You will probably find that its not just if you go AI that requests that you wear long trousers,it seems to depend on the star raiting.
We stay at the Capo Bay in Protaras and if you want to eat in the hotel at night you must wear long trousers.
Because of that we tend not to eat in as my hubby likes to just wear smart shorts not trousers as its too hot.
I'm sure you would be able to wear 3/4 length though.
thanks keels and lisa
Everytime we go abroad we have gone self catering so this is all new to me! We are staying at constantinos the great which is rated a 5* in the brouchure.
I hope three quarter trousers are alright,because that is what partner wears and shorts of course. :o

gail...............
Hi has anyone stayed at a good 4* all inclusive hotel near or on the beach. Family of 4 with two boys 19 and 23 needing enough entertaiment to keep them happy!! any information appreciated.
hi i have just come back from an all inclusive break at the louis pheathon beach hotel in paphos, brilliant food and accomadation plenty to do during the day as well, also right on the beach if you go to www holidays undiscovered.co.uk you can see loads of excellant feedback for this hotel, you can book with portland direct.
i agree the louis phaethon is a fantastic hotel im going again in june it will be my fourth year in a row that ive been there and it gets better every year.Im 18 and always find something to do. does anyone know what animation team are there?
I am due to visit with my SIL in May and this will be my first visit to the hotel, but not my first visit to Paphos.

I read somewhere that some of the rooms had been refurbished, can anyone recommend a particular floor etc., - also how much does the hotel charge for a sea view booked direct ?

TIA

Kath HT Admin
yes the rooms have been refurbished they were all finished when i was there last year.As for levels last year we were on the ground floor which was good because we requested a pool view and got it and the ground floor you havent got far to walk to the pool and restaurant. We had a sea view the first year we went and could only just see the sea so it wasnt really worth it,im not sure how much the hotel charge directly.
I have stayed at the Louis Phaethon and at the Ledra beach (both on all-in)
The Phaethon is a more family orientated hotel with plenty for younger kids.
The ledra has much the same daily sports activities as the Phaethon but has fewer guest rooms and still quite large public areas.

The food is the same good quality as is the drinks menu.

If I was to go again (which I would, but it makes choosing holidays safe instead of trying others, saying that it's yet another Louis Hotel again this year!) I would stay at the Ledra. We are a young(ish) couple by ourselves, we prefered the 'extras' which we seemed to get at the Ledra. I.e. mini fridge with all-inc soft drinks, pool towel facility, less children and closer by 20 minute (walking) to bar street etc. Really it depends who you are and who you are travelling with as to what your requirements are.

hope this helps
Thanks both. I have decided on the Phatheon because as I mentioned, I am travelling with my SIL and young niece.

My young niece can be a bit of a handful at times, so we wanted somewhere, where there was lots going on for her, and this is the main reason for picking the hotel.

When I return in July with my husband, will be staying at the Athena next door to the Ledra. Two very different holidayslol ;)
Thanks for your help.

Kath HT Admin
hi kath if you are staying at the pheathon your neice might like the kiddies club my lads were 3 and 7 and the rep who ran the club (beks) was fantastic the kiddies club is open 10-12 and 3 -5, im jealous you are going to the phaethon, ive only been back a week but cant wait to go back again
Gasman could you please let me know what other animators were there?
hi kerrie the animation team were really good , they were not pushy if you didnt want to join in but loved it if you did, they were a great bunch always with a smile on their faces
yeah they are great i always join in was Rio and andy still there?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.