Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
An ear full
10 Posts
I was approached by loads of these con men but had already been warned and told them where to get off
I was accosted not once but twice at Anjuna Market. After hasssle from traders and then a second attempt to stick something down my ear I lost it for a minute and told him in no uncertain terms to :really off. This did the trick and he seemed quite surprised by my reaction. This is a dangerous practise and something the Anjuna Police should be clamping down. (or am I just being naive)
:que
This has been going on for years - I was told of it during my first visit in 2002. It never ceases to amaze me that people allow things to happen to them that they would never consider at home in a million years. You would never allow a complete stranger in the UK to put something in your ears in the street so why even contemplate it on holiday!

This is up there with the boot cleaners who want to black polish your suede boots, etc.

Candybabe
I lost count at the number of people who wanted to shine my shoes. I wore open sandals for the whole two weeks!!! Perhaps they were all concerned over my foot hygene?
My favourite memory is the persisent so and so who wanted to black polish by husbands suede boots. When he protested he then offered to take them away and bring them back cleaned - with no answer when hubby asked what he was supposed to wear in the meantime (well it was late evening).

Bless them, they do try but must think some of us are pretty stupid! At the end of the day many are just trying to put food on the table and it does give you a laugh (but not the ear cleaners - who nearly got a backhand off HWMBO when they tried to slip something into his ear).
Also heard of someone having their ears "cleaned" and had their purse taken out of their bag at the same time! Beware!
This is up there with the boot cleaners who want to black polish your suede boots, etc.

PMSL....I had plain rubber flip flops on and they wanted to polish them! :rofl

Came across the 'ear cleaner' at Anjuna some years back http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif
I find these guys have massive balls (not literally :tongue )

Some of these guys are 10 stone dripping wet and have the balls to point to my ear and proceed to tell me there is something there. I lull them in a bit and then blast them with both barrells of my blue-est language.

I dont mind people trying to earn a living by asking you for their services but these guys are blatant theives and yes I agree should be nicked.

PS they all hang around to the left of calengute beach steps.
Saw them at the panjim junction opposite casa seashell, if you fancy a laugh shout look out police, as you walk past.

They disappear like cockroaches when the lights put on. :rofl

GM06
Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.