Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You can get a train north and south of goa North is Mumbai - I really like Mumbai although it's not some peoples cup of tea and to the south there's Gokarna and Mangalore, lots of nice beaches to the south also a HUGE statue of Shirva? or however you spell it next to the beach, impressive to look at...
We,ve been lots of trips by air, road , & rail from Goa over the years but by far the best is a trip to The Golden Temple at Amritser. Both spiritually and visually it's in a class of its own in our exprerience The journey there involves a flight to Delhi then a 6 hr train journey to Amritser We went with Daytripper and it was organised perfectley, I would say it's one of the trips you just must do when in India Alan
Try The Lucknow / Lack shadweep islands Very tranquil apparently although that's as much as I know about them. or do a 2-3 day to kerela by air, in fact I think daytripper do a trip to kerela.
Hi, if nature / wildlife is your thing, why not try the Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka..beautiful reserve forests with a good chance to spot some wildlife..take the flight down to Bangalore and its another 3.5 hour drive to the park through Mysore..accomodation is decent and good for a 2-3 day trip.
Could go to Fort Cochin and see a bit of Kerala? Overnight train from Margao and fly back? Or vice versa.
Thankyou all for your replies. Don't think I was clear with my thread. I was thinking of a place that is train/bus only from Goa, that takes up to 12 hours to get to (max-ish). No planes to be involved. Any more suggestions please?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.