Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
there are lots of curry houses in benidorm

my personal favourite is the nawaab on calle ibiza.best food and they also have a 2 for 1 offer on main courses between 5 and 8 pm
Nawaab is the best. Don't expect it to be "cheap and cheerful" like the chinese are though! It's about the same price as a good one in the UK.
Cheers
tbh I'm not worried about cheapness as long as it's nice. Finding one like at home would be ideal!
Same company

http://www.nawaab.co.uk

The one in Benidorm isn't as big :lol: It's a lot brighter and airier than your average UK curry house.
Blimey that looks big!

Does the benidorm one have a bar or is it a take your own in?

Cheers
The Nawaab in Benidorm has a bar.
It is a really decent curry there. They also do take away.
Beware of the onions that come with the popadoms. They are the hottest onions I have ever had.
There is a new curry house more or less opposite, I can't remember the name but it is an all you can eat buffet for about 8 Euros. The menu is a bit small with only a few choices for each course. It always smelt nice when I walked passed but I've not tried it yet.
It's called Mother India, we really enjoyed the food there.
The people who own the Nawaab are from Bradford.
The people who own the Nawaab are from Bradford.

It'll be good then because Bradistan is the curry capital of Europe. :rofl

sanjiiiiiiiiiii
It'll be good then because Bradistan is the curry capital of Europe

Very true :rofl
We visited this restaurant (Nawaab) whilst stuck in Benidorm during the ash crisis and I'd like to make a couple of observations:

They don't take credit/debit cards. No reference to this on the menu board, or any signs indicating this, and we weren't told when we entered the restaurant. So when we finished circa 11:30pm one of us had to go to the local bank ATM to get cash. I was not happy being a lone person withdrawing cash at that time of night (with the possibility of being accosted).

Now a small, but very irkesome point. that makes me feel I've been had:

We ordered 3 poppadums, 60c each, so €1.80 for the 3. They arrived with the usual 3 dips of mango, a creamy, and the strong pickle dip; so far, so good.

When the bill arrived it showed €3.60 for the 3 'dums. When I queried the cost I was told that the dips were an extra 60c per 'dum. (not itemised on the bill).
I asked the waiter to show me on the menu/anywhere where it specified the price of the dips or referencing them an an extra - there was no such reference. Also the fact that we ordered 3 'dums and didn't ask for the dips (they come as standard, don't they?) meant they had supplied something we hadn't asked for!

No offer of an apology or the return of €1.80 +iva; so whilst only a small sum involved I feel I've been had.
I personally found the Nawaab to be rubbish and wouldn't even let my cat eat here, but each to their own, and I love my currys, try Safferon for a good curry and good value also.
We love the Nawaab! Not tried the Saffron yet, keep meaning to but it looks a bit dark n dingy in there so it's a bit offputting!! Outside of Benidorm, the House of India buffet (near Albir, behind Excalibur) is good value, 8 euros for all you can eat, they have a few different curries (from mild to hot) and starters etc laid out.
We go to the House of India too. It's a trek to get to if you don't have a car, but we like it.

Where is the Saffron? I can't think where that one is, but I'm sure I've seen it.
On Avenida Europa, just up from where the buses stop. It's behind a bus stop, near to a couple of kebab houses.
Go it. I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

They have the meal for €10 offer there I think.
Yes they do have a deal on and also the portions are not any smaller if you get the deals, I also want to try the house of india, I think I'll do it when we're over in october.
I last went to the Nawaab last June.
There was 10 of us and my only complaint was despite being the only people in the place, it took over an hour for us to get our meal. All of us enjoyed it though.
I will give Saffron a try why when I'm next over as we stay just round the corner from there.
I first went to the nawaab in 2001 and it was excellent, there was a seating area outside an it was very busy. The last time we went was 2006 and it was awful, just like a microwave meal. I could have made it better myself. We were the only ones in there and the staff were watching us eat, as soon as we had finished they whisked away our plates. Didnt enjoy it at all. My partner ordered meat samosas and when they arrived he bit in to them to find them frozen inside. He complained to the waiter who took them away, when they came back they had just been heated up in the microwave, they didnt even give him fresh ones as he could see where he had bitten into them previously. i am not one to moan, but when you are paying 50euros for a meal with drinks you expect it to be half decent. not sure of any other restaurants in benidorm that are good, any suggestions as we are going in July and would love to try somewhere else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.