Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Which companies have their holidays on sale yet? I keep looking at Portland but they are not selling 08 yet.

I like to book early if possible to get the best price, availability and have longer to save up!!

:)
I have been looking at flights for next year to turkey and they are over £300 which is quite high for this time of year
First Choice are off and running for next year :lol:

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/

As are Eclipse

http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk/
Is it me or are they selling holidays earlier and earlier now a days!

I dare say most of us haven't even booked let alone been on this years holidays and they selling 2008 holidays already!!

Has the world gone mad..... :hyper
I looked at the prices for Lykia World for next June with Eclipse and they're £1,000 more than what we've paid for this June. :( Probably to do with it now being a premier hotel and the so called 'free' extras are to cost a bomb!!!
hi booking tomorrow for club alize for next year havent been away this year yet love turkey been lots of times but this year trying zante shhh dont tell the turks dont think there so keen on each other. but cant wait to go back to turkey (marmaris) have fun you 's going this year. :lol:
Thomson and presumably Portland are out Thursday for next year!! It does seem very early, but no more so than last year. I can't quite believe that we will be booking for next August before we've even had this years summer holiday. The downside is you are relying on feedback that is actually two years old by the time you go. To wait for this season's reviews means potentially missing the best deals.

Pam :D
Already had some of my "regulars" booked their accommodations for 2008 and one actually booked her 2 bedroom apartment for August 2008 before Xmas 2006 :shock: and without a price hike I may add :tup

John
Just one thing to keep in mind when booking really early.

Reading through various destination forums I've noticed quite a few people who have been understandably disappointed when their flights have changed running up to their break.
It does seem to me that most major changes affect those departing regional airports where flights get consolidated due to insufficient bookings etc.

It might be worth trying to plan a little flexibility when booking so far ahead.

Just a thought :?

Roger
I agree with Roger for early season flights but the flights at the height of the season are best booked as early as possible to get the best prices and also to make sure you get one.

There are lots of flights now gone or just outward bound seat there and the return fully booked

John
Have just done it- booked for 2008!! Dreadful flight times anyway, so no problem if they get changed. Also booked for middle of August so shifts to days either side won't be a problem either.

We have gone for the Larespark in Lara which looks stunning- very happy with the price with First Choice. Got a free child place and a discount!! Just hope this year's reviews are good now!!

Pam :D
we've also booked for 2008, we did it yesterday. popped into going places to get a few 2008 brochures because we were considering booking apartment independantly and then hoping we could sort out flights at a later date. anyway surfice to say we bottled it and went for the safer package deal option. we are a family of 5 and so find we have to book early to be able to find somewhere that will cater for anyone who doesn't come under the 2 adults, 2 children banner.
anyway we are off to Antique palace apartments in marmaris at the end of July 2008. looks ok and got a good price. night time flights same as last visit to turkey but the bonus is that the kids will sleep so haven't got to occupy them and perform the non-stop trips to the toilet!
decided to try not to take as much stuff this time though so that we can fill our cases with genuine fake designer wear!
can't wait to return to turkey next year.

love
Sandra
:sun
Yes we booked yesterday for 11 aug 2008 staying at the palm garden apts in Icmeler,read some brill reviews on here and looked in the photo gallery lovely pictures,apts and resort look wonderful .We got a good deal from first choice free child place and extra discount,can't wait!still got this years hol's to look forward too,alykanas in zante. :D
Have booked royal asarlik in gumbet next june with first choice,read some good reviews.Flight times arent bad fly out in the afternoon fly back late evening
i will book when i go over in july for next year i book direct with the owners so cuts out the middle man (tour operators )and you save alot
:lol:

i have seen cheap flights on :roll:
http://www.aegeanflights.com
http://www.xl.com

cheap apartments :roll:
http://www.aquariumhotels.com
http://www.clubtokmak.com
[/list]
hello jcarey2536, (sorry if i got your name wrong)
as i said earlier we were going to 'cut out the middle man' but bottled it and went for the safe package deal option. i was a little concerned that if i booked apartment before flight schedule was out i wouldn't be able to book flights for the same day.
do you just book apartment and then just hope for the best? maybe next time we'll be braver eh?

happy holidays!

Sandra

:fly
you can book your apartments when you are thier most are very fexlible
and will acomidate if your flights differ
i have booked 17 of us this year 3 familys of 4 and 1 family of 5
or going without tour operator :lol:
if we went with tour operator it would have cost nearly £600 per family extra :cry:

if you want any info where i booked mine
send me a message
thats true jc apartment owners do take into account that flights could be changed with bookings so far in advance but i always have a least a day either side to juggle with but have had no problems ( touch wood )
still lots of enquires for 2008 already i thought people were going made but it pays to get in before prices go up :P
Have booked the Aegean Dream Resort, Turgutreis with Thomas Cook for September 08' for my bi-annual chillin girly holiday. No husband and no kids, what bliss! (I do miss them....honest! :lol: )
Went there last year and had a fantastic time, sooooo looking forward to going back. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.