Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sometimes it may be better to wait ,weve always booked early and i thought i had a good deal when i booked last year , £1109 for 2 adults and 1 child (club alize 16th july for 2 weeks) but as this year its not fully booked i see today on eclipse its only £650 , well gutted . Also on the eclipse site you can always see how many rooms they have left so next year i might just keep a eye on it , cheers simon
We have booked our flights for next year, but we will wait until august this year to book our apartments.

We paid £102 each for our flights & should be able to pick a good apartment for about £25 per night, directly with the owner, works out alot cheaper than using the travel agents.
we're stuck really what with school holidays and hubbys shutdown from work - always have the 1st week in august so prices are high for us then

looked at flights for next year and the cheapest we found were £880 (for 3) - then yeah we could have got some apartments for £25 per night and with transfers as well this would have made the cost £1,350 so I still think i got a good deal xx
You have got a good deal, but i don't like using travel agents.

The 1st time we went to Icmeler, we stayed at the Mirage, booked it with Direct Holidays, Paid about £2.300 for a family of 4, about 5 years ago.

We loved it so much, that when we returned home, we booked the same holiday for the following year, only that with only 8 weeks to go, Direct Holidays said that the Mirage was over booked & offered us other apartments.

The year after we used IOL,& only paid £1,500 for a family of 4, they were alot better for many reasons, mainly for having taxi transfers.

Tha last 2 years thou, we have booked flights ourselfs & apartments directly with there owners, paying about £1,200 in total for a 2 week holiday in Icmeler, last 2 weeks in August.

A.T.B. Geddy X X
mines all booked up too,2 adults and 2 teenage daughters for 2 weeks at the club tokmak apartments in icmeler,great price of £978.00,that includes the taxi return this end,the flights,visa payments,transfers that end and the 2 bedroom apartment,roll on next may, :lol: :sun 8) :glynis
going icmeler august 2008 family 4 for 3 weeks flights aegean £408 apartments around £25 to £30 a night plus taxi around £1000 D.I.Y. holiday
Well done Alizda, its great to know your 2008 holiday is booked.

We are similar to Kirky, booked flights with Aegean, family of 4 for £376 for 2 weeks in August. Havent booked accomodation yet, cant decide on where to go. lowcostbeds and other sites have 1 bed aparts for two weeks at just over £200! (cheaper than booking direct) I think we will go for a 2 bed apart or all inclusive but even so, that makes for a very cheap holiday in August, compared to tour op prices. Means we dont have to take kids out of school for the first time.
I have booked the wow bodrum resort for 25 aug 2008 for 14 nights 3 adults £2230, haggled a couple hundered pounds off the on line price of £2460.

I have seen another hotel that I like the look of with portlandwhich is £500 cheaper because the child prices are upto 14 years old. I only paid £75 deposit thomas cook for 3 of us and if I cancel I won't have to pay more because it wasn't low deposit scheme with the balance of the deposit needs tp be paid by a certain date. I checked it out with thomas cook who said if I cancel I don't need to pay anymore money.
we have booked for may next year flight only £100 each
Going to Marmaris again next June for 3 weeks,got flights for £97 each,Club Likia apartments for £15 a night,transfers £30 each,total £569,thought we would go for 3 weeks at these prices.
Booked our flights for next May £70 each return, cant turn it down can you. Will be waiting to book accommodation though, until much later. This year we booked 48 hours before we flew, and got 4 weeks BB, for £130 each.

Bit rough on the nerves but but good for the bank balance, Might not leave it so late, but I'm trying to get my trust in my friends. I know they can get us an apartment for 600YTL a month max. It's just that waiting for them to get it done, they say no problem, a few weeks more wont matter, but they mean Turkish later, and thats a bit like Spanish tomorrow.

Do I leave it to them, or what? Mind they all say they'll get us one, and we could end up with 6 apartments.
Booking everything so far ahead is the Travel agents dream customer, I have been to Turkey 14 times before and the most I have paid for 1 week is £250 and that was in July last year, Of the 2 holidays this year I paid £140 in Late April, and £151.43 in early June, I can see the point in booking if you want specific Hotels etc etc, But remember this you can actually book that hotel directly and all you pay is a small deposit and pay the remmitance when you arrive, Just trying to be helpfull folks.
I paid £140 total price for our flights for next year and have also booked a 1 bedroom apt in Marmaris for £190.00, so our 2 week holiday for 2 of us total price £330 :D

Booked flights with Aegeanflights.com and accomodation with Low Cost Beds
You forget the Airport transfer Jula lol, That's the way to do it, Dont use the Greedy Travel agents, I dont care what hotel I get as I only sleep in it, Also I can easily get Accomadation elsewhere at realistic prices booking direct with the Hotel concerned try that next time Jula just get the Phone number or fax number of the hotel.
Its not alway cheaper booking direct. The hotel I have chosen for next year is more expensive to book direct. Any of the good 5* A/I are not cheap booked direct. A part of our hoilday is staying in good accomodation. I have looked at what people get booking direct for a cheap price and its not me. I have kids who like to watch the shows in the evening, all of these cheap hotel and apartments have no entertainment. I actually think I have good value where I have booked because of all free activities. The hotels I like to go to end up fully booked by the spring and the price does not come down. Some of the 5* A/I don't take direct bookings.

Even if it is me and my wife I still wouldn't book what you would book, I like a bit luxury on holiday. I do DIY holidays where I can get the hotels and flights at better value. These small budget airlines if they decide to cancel a flight you are stuck until seats becomes availabe on another flight and in peak season there would be a fair wait. Also if something serious happened in turkey the budget airlines do not have to get you home whereas T/O has to. There are many case where budget airlines have gone out of business with people stranded abroad having try to secure flights at their own expense to get back home. I wounder how many people travel without insurance on DIY holidays because they think nothing will happen to me.

There are advantages booking with T/O against DIY, oh and this year I have booked with T/O and I have the holiday £500 cheaper than the brochure price. I could of got a 4* A/I side for £995 for 3 of us with thomsons on a late booking named which sold out in days. Now that is cheap.
:D Hi

We book our holidays on a DIY we always go A/I and we have had some really good hotels 4 star and 5 star

We have also has some average ones but have enjoyed them all.

We went to Club Asteria in Belek fantastic hotel on a DIY holiday we have been to Flamingo Oasis in Benidorm 4 star A/I on a DIY holiday

We have stayed at the WOW resorts Hotels also DIY so you can get them

The ADR is on for a DIY holiday that is suppose to be lovely

I know its each to they own but we have no complaints at all :D

We are well happy with what we have had in past and the cheap flights we have got for 2008.

Happy Holidays everyone :lol:
just booked some flights for august kids holidays 70 quid each it dont matter if we don't use them at that price :lol:
We go abroad 3 times a year,2 of them in 4 star hotels full board, or all inclusive,but in June we go to turkey,self catering,there are so many nice restraunts to eat out in.The last 4 years we have done DIY and book our apartment direct with the owner,the apartments have been awarded gold medals by top tour operator,we pay no under occupancy for 2 sharing,pay no deposit,just pay in full when we arrive,we book mini bus transfer,we eat out all our meals,have branded drinks,and still works out cheaper than all inc hotel,even better for next year with cheap flights with onur air,we take out insurance,but if the worst came to the worst,and lost my flight id lose £97,im prepared to take that chance,each year we get our flights cheaper,this june we flew with First Choice for £135 booking last october,they are now asking £295 for next June!!.Thank heavens for Agean Flights.
we are going to club excelsoir next year in may for 2 weeks, cant wait
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.